RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's nothing more annoying than driving a $100k car home and hearing a squeak. This one was faint...sounded like a little faint mouse, and it seemed to be coming from the steering column. Tonight I did some troubleshooting, pinpointed the problem, and fixed it. I have a feeling I won't be the last person to have this issue so here you go...

It's coming from where the clear plastic screen over the TFT instrument panel display meets the overlying cowl of the dash. You can reproduce the squeak by placing your hand on top of the dash cowl and lightly pushing down repeatedly. Driving the car, these two parts rub together ever so slightly at the top where they fail to make a perfect union. My fix was to cut a small piece of felt, about 5x5 mm, and slide it between these two pieces right over the top of the clear plastic until it disappears, using a micro flathead screwdriver. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
remington said:
There's nothing more annoying than driving a $100k car home and hearing a squeak. This one was faint...sounded like a little faint mouse, and it seemed to be coming from the steering column. Tonight I did some troubleshooting, pinpointed the problem, and fixed it. I have a feeling I won't be the last person to have this issue so here you go...

It's coming from where the clear plastic screen over the TFT instrument panel display meets the overlying cowl of the dash. You can reproduce the squeak by placing your hand on top of the dash cowl and lightly pushing down repeatedly. Driving the car, these two parts rub together ever so slightly at the top where they fail to make a perfect union. My fix was to cut a small piece of felt, about 5x5 mm, and slide it between these two pieces right over the top of the clear plastic until it disappears, using a micro flathead screwdriver. Problem solved.

That really should not be necessary on such a premium brand but well done on the fix. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts