RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I believe I was too late to get the original spare tire lift straps on my 2007. But I note the holes are still drilled, and ready for use. I purchased the straps w/o bolts, for a very reasonable price. After some searching I found a part number for the bolts (KYP000400), and can find them available on several UK sites but can't find them anywhere here in the States. Is there some other part number that I'm missing? Does anyone have a description of the bolt? If I knew the sizing, I could try and source it somewhere else.

This spare tire lift was a brilliant idea for the standard size wheel and tire...I don't know why they discontinued it. Can't take credit for the photo, but this is where the bolts go.
normal_Spare Wheel small.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
124 Posts
I taught my wife how to plug a tire and we keep a 12V air compressor in the vehicle at all times. There is no way she would be able to wrestle the spare tire out of its tomb on her own.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
421 Posts
I was able to buy the bolts for the spare tire lift strap at Home Depot. I had the same issue you did, well priced strap but no bolts. I however did not keep track of the size however.
I used calipers to determine the inside diameter of the threaded bolt holes, and then picked what I hoped would be the correct size. I guessed right. Easy way to do it is to pull the cover and drive to Home Depot, Lowes, etc., and give it a go.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,383 Posts
I'll do you a deal. You tell me the diameter of the rubber ring that holds the jack in place and I'll remove and measure the lift strap bolt

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to buy the bolts for the spare tire lift strap at Home Depot. I had the same issue you did, well priced strap but no bolts. I however did not keep track of the size however.
I used calipers to determine the inside diameter of the threaded bolt holes, and then picked what I hoped would be the correct size. I guessed right. Easy way to do it is to pull the cover and drive to Home Depot, Lowes, etc., and give it a go.
Thank you! I was thinking of doing exactly this, but wanted to make sure there wasn't something special about the bolt! I appreciate your input!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll do you a deal. You tell me the diameter of the rubber ring that holds the jack in place and I'll remove and measure the lift strap bolt
I will certainly take a look for you! I'm actually taking the truck in to LR to get some recall work done, and they said it will be in for 8-10 days...so I may not be able to get to it before then! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
303 Posts
I did the same as JerrytheK, I went to Home Depot and bought some metric bolts to fit. I have a 2010 HSE with 19" rims - it seems like the straps are too short to pull the tire over the brink of the storage well unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have 20"s and it works fine. Are you hooking it onto the top of the lower portion of the rear hatch? The trick is to hook it onto the lower hatch, and then open the hatch. Pops right up then.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,383 Posts
I will certainly take a look for you! I'm actually taking the truck in to LR to get some recall work done, and they said it will be in for 8-10 days...so I may not be able to get to it before then! Thank you!
No problem.

I removed the bolt and it's an M10 x 20mm (ISO Coarse) Torx T50. Any 10mm ISO coarse bolt at least 20mm long would be fine.

After pulling it out, I looked up MicroCat and found the part no. and size is specified in there KYP000400 - (BOLT M10 X 20MM) :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought the strap after I got the truck and tried to pull the spare without it . No way was that happening without a hernia. One of the best things I put on the truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts