RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I have fited a final stage resistor to my 02 RR to help solve the battery drain but find my battery is still going flat. I have now purchased the wiring harness to fit but i cant find any instructions on how this is done. Can anyone help me please with fitting this harness? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
You need the copy of the TSB from the on line GTR. Even with it, it is quite a challenge to follow the instructions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am awaiting for a copy of the SB to come through the post ut with the postal strike i may be waiting a while. Does anyone know if i can get this by any other means? I was looking at a post on here earlier viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19826&start=60 which states it was fairly easy to do and under 10 mins. Have you fitted one yourself Rich?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
It this the harness or the relay? I guess this is the one?

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/li ... RNESS.html

The TSB, related to the fitting of this part clearly states the affected VIN range and IIRC, it is quite a short range. The fitting is done from under the dash area, so if you are an Olympic gymnast, have the hands and arms of a 6 year old, and the ability to follow impossible instructions documented and photographed while the car was in little bits on a bench somewhere within Gaydon, yes, it would probably take 10 minutes to fit. :snooty: It also wants to you to cut into certain panels/parts of the car. I've not done it but I have provided a hard copy of the TSB to a customer who has this part from the above source.

If you are getting flat batteries, it could be either the incorrect (original lower spec)/superceded battery, or there is another issue such as a faulty/substandard/aftermarket relay somewhere on the car. Feel free to try these basic tests viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29656 and post results here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rich. I managed to fit the part quite easily after following the instructions. I fully understand that my vehicle reg is outside what is recommended( ie 2004) but i have had this problem for so long i was desperate to try anything. The basic tests look good. I will get myself a meter and give it a go and post the results here. The battery is fairly new, ie 2 months old so should be ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
i am having the same problems with flat battery i have also changed the last resister but i still seem to have a strange humming noise from behind the heating controls, could i ask how changing the YNI500040K stops the battery going flat?
Any info would be very much appreciated!!!
thanks paul

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Bongie, that humming noise is likely the little scavenger motor sucking in the cabin air to regulate the interior temperature. It shuts off a few minutes after you lock up the car and starts up as soon as you open a door! It's the small horizontal grill beside the suspension height adjust knob. That is why it is always dusty at that location. Probably not your battery drain... Food for thought so don't go chasing so ethi g you don't need to.
Cheers

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was also having some 'noise' behind that part of the Dash. It's a quick and easy job to carefully pull out the front fascia, and then carefully unclip various things to get to that small motor-driven fan. Over time, dust gets onto the moving parts of the fan, which causes friction, hence the humming or buzzing noise. Use compressed air, a very soft small brush, and use a TINY TINY TINY amount of lubricant for the motor spindle. If you use too much lubricant, any dirty air and dust that is sucked through the vent will still, thus causing the same issue. The plastic fan simply slides off the spindle. It solved my noise issue immediately - Absolutely silent. That was a few month ago I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bongie - have you had your battery tested? If not, get it done to ensure it's up to the job. If it's no good, replace it with a Bosch Silver 110Ah then see if you still have a drain problem. If you still do, carry out a parasitic test with a multi-meter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Old thread I know, but does anyone still have those TSB instructions for installing the wiring harness? The lrseries link is dead now, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts