Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one swapped the early type speedo binnacle with the later one with the "green effect" facia/instruments etc. or know if it's possible?.
I know about it showing the higher mileage reading if the new unit has a higher mileage than the original, but was wondering if everything else worked o.k like the rev counter, speedo and warning lamps etc. or if it can be swapped does it have to be re-programmed with Testbook or Similar as i do have a Rovacomlite.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
I would just replace the facia part, in other words strip and replace
No point in adding 2nd hand if yours doesnt have any problems where as the potential replacement does...
Wood trim surround looks good too, Im now after the polished aluminium trim inserts but darned if I can find them..

·
Registered
147 Posts
I Believe it's plug and pray!

But remember the Odometer reading is stored in both the BeCM and the Instrument Cluster, so when the BeCM get confused with two different readings it will take the higher of the two and match them.

If your car has 100,000miles and your 2nd hand cluster has 200,000miles congratulations your car will now have 200000miles and cannot be reversed.

Stu

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
viperover said:
Wood trim surround looks good too,
I must be one of the few people who actually detest the Wood Trim and made a point of buying a truck without it.

viperover said:
Im now after the polished aluminium trim inserts but darned if I can find them..
Are these what you mean? I have them fitted and think they add a nice touch, but each to their own I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RANGE-ROVER-95-02 ... 45ee7546c6

Cheers

·
Registered
401 Posts
why would the display carry a memory... wouldn't that be the Becm ...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Col said:
viperover said:
Wood trim surround looks good too,
I must be one of the few people who actually detest the Wood Trim and made a point of buying a truck without it.

viperover said:
Im now after the polished aluminium trim inserts but darned if I can find them..
Are these what you mean? I have them fitted and think they add a nice touch, but each to their own I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RANGE-ROVER-95-02 ... 45ee7546c6

Cheers
Thanks a ton

Thats'em, will look swell with the wood trim I have

·
Registered
147 Posts
Both units retain memory of Odometer to avoid scammers changing the binnacle with a low km one.

It may be possible to change with a special module from Black Box or Similar.

Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts