RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help

I am sure I am not the only person to try this or even post but I can not find anything that matches my issues

I have taken out the standard head unit to replace it with a RK-7158G with a sliding touch screen. The problem I have is that when fitted flush the screen comes out and flips up and back. The way the P38 radio is positioned it needs to sit about 30mm out from the flush position.

Does anyone know what spacer I can use to make this work. I want the unit secure but don't know what is available on the market to resolve this job

I had hoped that another member has resolved this issue and can tell me what I need

Thanks in advance

Dave

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
The P38 radio is a standard single DIN unit. There are many spacers available at radio shops or online with folks like Crutchfield. This would by far be the easiest. The main issue is that pop out screens are fragile and fail frequently.Another option is to ditch the center vents and use an installation sleeve to mount your radio higher for better visibility. Sounds odd but having see it in person it was quite functional.Other folks have removed the cubby and clock and relocated climate control sensor and installed touch pad systems. There are also existing threads on double DIN installations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I will take a look at the various suggestions and see what is best for our needs Many Thanks Dave

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,216 Posts
Most of us that go aftermarket these days remove the factory nav (if fitted) or the cubby box and fit a 7" android head unit to do the radio/nav/bluetooth and any other goodies. On my one I did this and then where the original single DIN head unit was, fitted a cubby there, so I have some dash storage space. I will try and find a picture of the current setup I have, which might give you some ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts