RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Velar L560
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share my service results today....

Took my '18 Velar HSE P380 R-Dynamic in to the local dealer for it's first oil change at 14k - $138.60 in labor and $184.45 in parts, for a total of $323.05.

Had them rotate the tires which was an additional $54.95.

They also performed the Multi-Point Inspection with all findings "green".

My ECO had stopped working a couple of months ago (not really a complaint on my part). The dealer notes read: "Updated the GWM and ran ECO system health check. ECO application required multiple attempts that included re-starting the Pathfinder and starting a new session. Once health check application started running all the systems, all the systems in the health check were operating normally after the GWM (Gateway Module) configuration. Performed long drive cycle to ensure that ECO system was operating normally."

Also my radio would freeze up on occasion - only a restart of the vehicle would clear it. Today the dealer "performed phase 2.5 to 4.0 update" and now the screen operates normally. I noticed also I have Apple CarPlay with the update.

I really like my RR Velar in so many ways.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice but $184.45 in parts? Yikes. Its just a filter plus 8-9 quarts of fresh oil. Should be 1/2 that in parts. For example my 14 RRS Supercharged filter + oil is under $100.

https://www.blauparts.com/land-range-rover-oil-change-kit-50l-2010-14.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw5_fBRCSARIsAGodhk_UZUIMCsxQ6qdZ5LOHDz0xmFHll66q-ROdtzquzfMMiS3Bq6tSWuQaAmJ8EALw_wcB

Next time try buying your own parts and either asking the dealer to do it or finding an indy to take car of it for you...although an oil change is the easiest of the DITY jobs you can do especially on a crossover/SUV from a clearance stand point as well. If maintenance is thrown in as part of the purchase package or on the manufacturer like BMW..then by all means have them do it. Otherwise save yourself some cost and learn more about your awesome vehicle. :)
Just my 2 cents.

Thought I would share my service results today....

Took my '18 Velar HSE P380 R-Dynamic in to the local dealer for it's first oil change at 14k - $138.60 in labor and $184.45 in parts, for a total of $323.05.

Had them rotate the tires which was an additional $54.95.

They also performed the Multi-Point Inspection with all findings "green".

My ECO had stopped working a couple of months ago (not really a complaint on my part). The dealer notes read: "Updated the GWM and ran ECO system health check. ECO application required multiple attempts that included re-starting the Pathfinder and starting a new session. Once health check application started running all the systems, all the systems in the health check were operating normally after the GWM (Gateway Module) configuration. Performed long drive cycle to ensure that ECO system was operating normally."

Also my radio would freeze up on occasion - only a restart of the vehicle would clear it. Today the dealer "performed phase 2.5 to 4.0 update" and now the screen operates normally. I noticed also I have Apple CarPlay with the update.

I really like my RR Velar in so many ways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts