RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Picked up my AB LWB 4.4 on Friday and absolutely love it! (Pics below)

I had a little blip with the bonnet but that's sorted now.

Anyway a few questions and thoughts:

1) I hate the navigation. It seems clunky to me and not very usual compared to the MB and BMW ones I use regularly. Even my 458 has better control.

My main issue is the zoom function. The auto zoom is better than nothing but I hate the fact I can't use a dial to zoom in and out easily. I have to use the touch screen which is hard to control whilst driving. Am I missing something?

2) The display between the two dials. It says Bluetooth or the media in use but doesn't allow you to have the sat nav on continuously? It will show turns going to junctions but doesn't show the next move etc? Also is there a way of having the speedometer as a digital figure in the middle of the screen?

3) this is by the far the best 4 door car I have ever driven. I have a s63amg which I thought would be hard to beat... But this has done it. It has it all!

4) the lwb is huge and gets some getting used to but that extra legroom in the back is amazing. Parking will be hard but I'm sure I will get used to it

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
1) I hate the navigation. It seems clunky to me and not very usual compared to the MB and BMW ones I use regularly. Even my 458 has better control.

My main issue is the zoom function. The auto zoom is better than nothing but I hate the fact I can't use a dial to zoom in and out easily. I have to use the touch screen which is hard to control whilst driving. Am I missing something?

2) The display between the two dials. It says Bluetooth or the media in use but doesn't allow you to have the sat nav on continuously? It will show turns going to junctions but doesn't show the next move etc? Also is there a way of having the speedometer as a digital figure in the middle of the screen?
1. Try to use the voice command while driving. Just give it a try. I've learnt to control the NAV via voice while driving. It isn't necessarily faster, but far less dangerous. And one can get the hang of it - eventually.
2. See I don't know whether it's now documented but after the initial launch thru the 14.5 models, that additional NAV screen wasn't even mentioned anywhere. I *think* it was an accidental leftover from testing...that people just got to like, so they left it in there. I agree with you, that poor man's HUD should be permanent when the NAV is active. It's just d.u.m.b. to replace it with the Land Rover logo when the car slows down and such.

And welcome. Beautiful car, stunning exterior color. That diesel V8 must be an absolute joy. Wishing you many safe and gremlin-free miles in your new Rangey.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of blacked out parts, but your RR looks very nice. Is it Corris exterior with Cirrus leather?

1) I agree with your Navi zoom comments on the RR. Each brand's navi has its quirks. I still like the one in our Acura MDX the best, but it was my daily driver for 4 years, so I have the most experience with it, but easy address input, quick rerouting. I sometimes have problems with the MB one as I don't drive that car as often. I hate the MB German word order in some of the commands and it hates when you decide to make your own route decisions!!

We have the Waze mobile phone app here in the US, which has real time user input and that is the only navi my husband will now use.

2) I had the same thought about being able to see the Navi in the center display permanently, but I looked everywhere and found no way to set that function. You can't set a large digital speedometer in that area either. I looked for that too! There is a small digital speedometer that shows up just above the fuel gauge, which is so small it took a few days to notice it was even there!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had these thoughts. Thank you for the tips too.

Absolutely love the car. It's corris grey with ivory interior. I wish it had the HUD which is the only option it is missing (loved that on the bmws).

On the long wheel base part- it is 100 per cent bigger and harder to park anywhere (especially in tiny old England) but the smiles on the faces of people who sit in the back are worth it. Plus it's a massive Range Rover, I'll park it where I want ;)

This car is actually sentimental to me as my grandad used to drive me around in one 20 odd years ago. He passed away in September aged 90 and I know he would be proud that I bought his favourite car. He never understood the Italian sports cars!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Definitely one of the best looking RR's I've seen in a while. Top notch on the colors and optioning there. I just got my SC in and I'm with you on the nav, but Im pretty patient and use my iphone more anyways for that. Otherwise I love the **** truck for what it is. And something about it just feels "right"...

ENJOY!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is one good looking RR color combination. Here in NYC and the rest of the tri-state area, most of them including mine are black. The Corris with the black accents really make the car standout from the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts