RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi RR Fam,

I am thinking about buying a 2018 Range Rover. This may sound ignorant, but I want a white or silver Range Rover with the black top and nice rims (though I might change them for some Vossens). Funny to say, I have out grown my 2016 Prius with my family and I want to get something nice, and I've been eyeing the RR 2017-2018 as they are about $55k with more/less 41k miles (lease returns/certified). I am hoping to buy a RR with a maintenance package (if that even exists) since I live close to a stealership. I want to know what I am getting myself into before I actually buy a RR thats a couple of years old. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
50 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Couple of observations. There are two whites, one is a pearl white (Oolong?) the other a pure, bright solid white (Fuji). My wife drives a 2018 RRS SC V8 in Fuji white and it's gorgeous! There are also multiple engines so if your current Prius was selected for it's good MPG, consider the V6 diesel TD6 which gets appreciably better MPG than the supercharged V6 or V8. The MPG ratings for the two gasoline engines is nearly identical but the V8 has better performance and cost more when new. The 2018 had a minor face lift that included headlights, tail lights and a new dual screen infotainment interface so a bit more current than the 2017. There are also a lot of options that can boost the price so establish which ones are "must have" and which you can do without. Maintenance service (oil/filter, etc) is typically 10-12K miles or once a year and while you could buy pre-paid maintenance when new I don't know for how long or if it is transferable. If you mean extended warranty, a Certified Pre-Owned from a Land Rover dealer (particularly the dealer you would have servicing it) might be the way to go and some aftermarket extended warranties are also transferable if you don't end up purchasing from a dealer.
The full-sized Range Rover is the L405, the Range Rover Sport the L494. If you are looking for a full-sized RR you can find that forum by clicking the "Forums" icon to the right of the "New" on the task bar at the top of the page and scrolling down to the L405. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum! Couple of observations. There are two whites, one is a pearl white (Oolong?) the other a pure, bright solid white (Fuji). My wife drives a 2018 RRS SC V8 in Fuji white and it's gorgeous! There are also multiple engines so if your current Prius was selected for it's good MPG, consider the V6 diesel TD6 which gets appreciably better MPG than the supercharged V6 or V8. The MPG ratings for the two gasoline engines is nearly identical but the V8 has better performance and cost more when new. The 2018 had a minor face lift that included headlights, tail lights and a new dual screen infotainment interface so a bit more current than the 2017. There are also a lot of options that can boost the price so establish which ones are "must have" and which you can do without. Maintenance service (oil/filter, etc) is typically 10-12K miles or once a year and while you could buy pre-paid maintenance when new I don't know for how long or if it is transferable. If you mean extended warranty, a Certified Pre-Owned from a Land Rover dealer (particularly the dealer you would have servicing it) might be the way to go and some aftermarket extended warranties are also transferable if you don't end up purchasing from a dealer.
The full-sized Range Rover is the L405, the Range Rover Sport the L494. If you are looking for a full-sized RR you can find that forum by clicking the "Forums" icon to the right of the "New" on the task bar at the top of the page and scrolling down to the L405. Good luck with your search!
Thank you! I am interested in the L405, love the body style. I hear it's going to change up soon. I'll check out the forum for the L405.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts