RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Man, Auto button stuck somehow there is no way to turn the heat on. Big Snow Storm Coming and I've never had a car do that to me. There is no excuse for this Land Rover. One more of these incidents and I'm driving a Dodge Pickup next week.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts
Turn the temp dial to the desired setting
Punch the Econ button and your A/C is off and so is the automatic climate control...
Use Recirculate as desired to prevent fogging of the windshield.

I presume you have a manual for the vehicle??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That whole control board is dead, can't even turn on the heated seats. The fan will blow but none of the vents will open. The auto button is somehow jammed with one light on. Econ button, recirculated air button dead, no lights. I do know how to use it. It is going to be one cold trip to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I'm upset but this is really maddening and it will be dangerous trip to the dealer with no way to defrost the windshield on wet snowy highway.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Easy there...try to dislodge the button by pressing on the edge, it may pop out...

Also, pull out the manual and check the fuses behind the glove box, you may find a blown fuse which will solve all of this...I don't have my RRS with me at the moment...but you may be able to figure it out...always a good idea to have multiple spare fuses for each AMP setting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I've tried to work the switch but to no avail, it's shot. I'll check the fuses. I'll report what it was. It's going to be one cold Land Rover in the morning.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Judging from some of the advice they've given you so far, maybe not a bad thing! Hope it wasn't a p**ed off customer.

Do you have another one nearby?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The two dealerships in Denver have combined because I guess Land Rover South burned to the ground. But the service people are taking me in this morning and it's actually closer.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
This is on a 2009 HST, that's the first I've heard of the panel going out...maybe a leak somewhere shorted it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I 4 wheeled with it a lot this summer, maybe it was the dust from that. Sometimes you get a bad part. Didn't take them long to get a new one and I don't have to drive around in the upcoming blizzard with the loner KIA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts