RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I've tried searching for this for a couple of hours now, and can't find a solution. When I go to start my truck first thing in the morning, it starts right away but stutters and barely idles and coughs for about 2-3 seconds before it goes up to a normal idle. It does this regardless of the outside temperature. After that first start, I can shut it right off, try it again, and it'll start normally from that point on all day. It's only when it sits for a quite a while when it does that. It's not a matter of the engine being warm, or cold, because it only happens with that first start. It's fine after that and runs great all day. Do you think that it's just losing the fuel line pressure over a matter of hours and then needs to build it back up? Has anyone else had this exact problem? Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
You answered your own question, fuel pressure drops off within a minute or two after shut down.

Instead of inserting key and starting right away turn to position 2 for roughly 3 seconds before starting...this allows for the fuel pump to pressurize the fuel rail and injectors to spray correctly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts