RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has happened. I took the Rover (04') w/ 2,500 miles in to get fixed. After the football game Sat. I get home (hour drive) and there is black fluid under the car (Middle of car). It will be finished on Wed. so I will give more details of what went wrong. I hate that I'm having problems already, was hoping that the new Rover would have better reliablity. With that being said I still think the car is GREAT and look at this as a bump in the road.

Here is to hoping that this is the last time in the shop.

Later

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Thanks for this report Bend Rover -- yes please do let us know whtat the problem turned out to be as this is a new one on me. Sounds like a good thing for other owners to look out for!

Thanks again

John
http://rangerovers.net
[email protected]

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
9 Posts
Coincidentaly I dropped mine off this morning at the dealer for it's first warranty repair. (Well 2nd actually).
I had the rear left light housing replaced because it had condensation inside it.
My car came with the optional remote park heating, which worked when I got it in June but wasn't much use then, it's getting below freezing at night now and I wasn't too please to find it's not working any more.
This is the dealers 2nd attempt to fix it, they had it for a day but couldn't work out the problem, now they are keeping it for two days.

I've got an SE model as a loaner and driving it to work I found the steering much lighter than my Vogue's.
So I called the dealer up and asked them to check the power steering.
I've often thought it was far too heavy at low speeds.
Anyone else have these problems?

Appart from these niggles I'm very happy with the car.

PS
Saw an '05 model in the show room.
Not that much of a difference really other than the Vogue's slightly larger video screen.

----
'04 Vogue, Epsom Green, Ivory/Aspen

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
14 Posts
Seoras said:
I've got an SE model as a loaner and driving it to work I found the steering much lighter than my Vogue's.
So I called the dealer up and asked them to check the power steering.
I've often thought it was far too heavy at low speeds.
Anyone else have these problems?

Appart from these niggles I'm very happy with the car.

----
'04 Vogue, Epsom Green, Ivory/Aspen
Sometimes I feel my steering is a little light at highway speed, but feels good around town.

My '04 Black/Sand has been absolutely bulletproof, bank-vault solid and flawless in the 6 months/9,000 miles I've had it.

YoungTurk
'04 Java Black/Sand

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got the car back today. Here is what they fixed.

1. Replaced a bad speaker in the driver door.
2. Replaced front drive shaft joint o-ring
3. I had a check engine light come on last week once and told them about it. Turned out to be a bad coil pack for the #6 cly. Wow.
4. Replaced R/R rear driveshaft assembly - Propellor shaft?

That is it. They did wash the car for me which is good customer service, BUT I just don't get it how people that are in the car business don't understand how to clean a black car. It had big time swarl marks in the paint. I'm not going to worry about it to much because I should be able to get them out, but I just don't get it.

I do hope this car doesn't turn out to be a "problem" car because it is just to nice.

Later

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
14 Posts
Bend Rover said:
That is it. They did wash the car for me which is good customer service, BUT I just don't get it how people that are in the car business don't understand how to clean a black car. It had big time swarl marks in the paint. I'm not going to worry about it to much because I should be able to get them out, but I just don't get it.

Later
Well, glad your Rangie was fixed . . . As for washing my Java Black, not once have I allowed anyone's wash mit to touch the paint - strictly the automatic high pressure water and detergent places, for fear of the inevitable swirl marks. I'm considering investing in one of those high pressure home washers (about $150).

How is everyone else washing their Black Rangies?

YoungTurk
'04 Java Black/Sand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts