RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first road trip in my V8 RRS. I thought for sure fuel economy would be worse. I made it from Syracuse NY all the way to NYC and back on one tank of fuel ~500 miles). Still had 15 miles to spare according to the car. I averaged 24.2 mpg over the entire trip. This seemed a bit high. For the majority of the trip, I had the cruise control set to 79 mph. Needless to say, I was very happy. This car is amazing on long trips. Great music, very comfortable and to my surprise, reasonable fuel economy (my 328i only achieved 26 mpg highway). I love this vehicle! I just hope it loves me back enough not to develop “problems”.

BE402118-370F-4321-94A8-0C8BE1801B14.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
wow, that is really good consumption, but don't rely on what the car is telling you as it is very optimistic :thumb:

rather fill up, then calculate with distance covered on your GPS

·
Registered
435 Posts
Curious how much fuel did you put into the tank when you filled up after that trip? There are several threads here that suggest the trip computer is very conservative that that the range is greater than what is displayed on the dashboard.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If your tank was full to stat from something is not right 24.2 mpg 500 miles That equals only 20 gallons the tank is closer to 28. Do the fill up and calculate, I found that the mpg and the gallons to empty are way off

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I didn’t look at the number of gallons on fill up. That’s my fault. Either way though, getting 500 miles on a tank of gas makes me very happy. I’ve never gotten more than high 300s before needing a refill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Fastcarfreak
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing