RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Found an obnoxiously beautiful RR that the wife gave me the, "green light" on! I have a question though, can any RR connoisseur confirm or deny this RR https://www.carmax.com/car/15577096 is the 2016 Limited Edition, ( http://www.ovalnews.com/category/2016-model-year )? I have enrolled in Topix and have referenced the VIN and it appears to have the options included in the Limited Edition, however I thought Topix would specify the Limited Edition somehow. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
That's just a standard Supercharged L405. Doesn't make it a bad car, and if it has all the options then go for it!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
When you look at the listing they do not list it as a "special edition". They list it as a standard, exceptionally well outfitted SC. No dealer in their right mind would miss out on any additional tag like "special edition" to up the price few grand.

TOPIx will give great information but just because it has the options available in the "special edition" package does not mean it is. An additional tag line is not a deterrent to purchase. You like it or you don't. As it is not advertised as a special edition there is no need to complain about it. If it really is then it is an added benefit and you will be getting a perk.

There is no reason what so ever for Keralis to confirm his claim. Absolutely nothing indicates this Rover is a special edition... not the listing... not TOPIx.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your reply.

In response to your initial response. I agree, I believe a dealer in the, "know" would certainly ask for a premium price should it be a Special Edition model, that brings up my original question, can someone confirm or deny this is or isn't a special edition, e.g. is there a specific label somewhere, stamp?
Also, Keralis stated this is a, "Standard Supercharged L405" and in your second sentence you stated, "an exceptionally well outfitted SC." -This statement is a contradiction of Keralis's statement.
I referenced TOPIx as maybe I am missing something that states being a special edition (being a certain code or something). If so that could answer the question. Who's complaining?!?! Just looking for some feedback my friend!
As for requesting confirmation his claim, I feel as though you assume I am being confrontational, certainly not the case. I have a law background, I don't speak in absolutes unless of course I can prove my position. I appreciate Keralis's response, but please tell me, of what benefit did that really provide to me, (you refuted his response in your second statement)? I am looking for a response along the lines of, "it maybe, but there have been a lot of these copied by previous owners", "or no, this is a not a special edition because this number in the VIN doesn't match blah, blah, blah".
I hope you get my point, I am by no means trying to be a jerk...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the reply. What are you seeing that doesn't match?
In reference to the wheel comment, per the RR press release, the wheels for the limited edition is Black 22" Style 707 Wheels. Which is the Autobiography wheels, correct?
The perspective vehicle certainly looks like the Black 22" Style 707 Wheels, (
Autobiography wheels)
https://www.carmax.com/car/15577096

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I never heard of the limited edition until seeing this post. I got curious and started looking it up, there doesn't seem to be anything "limited" about the limited edition. The car you are looking at might not be the limited edition but it does seem to have the same options the limited edition has, so not sure why it matters if it is a limited edition or not.

Below is a limited edition vin in case that helps.

SALGS2EFXGA262641

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I stumbled upon a listing that said, "Limited Edition" so it was news to me as well, then I found the RR press release then I knew it was something that existed. My main options are black headliner, 825w Meridian Sound, and Blind Spot Monitoring, this car appears to have all three. If it ends up being a Limited Edition great, if not that's fine too...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Carmax will have no idea if it's a limited edition. Sales people often don't know all the information about their one make, can you imagine the sales people who have to deal with every make?

Even if limited edition there's nothing really special other than certain packages being included and it being "limited" to a certain number. There's no features on it that aren't available elsewhere.

At any rate it's a great looking vehicle, hope it works out!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
-This statement is a contradiction of Keralis's statement.
No it is not in any way shape or form a contradiction. You are reading things into this listing that are not there. Keralis said is is an SC that may have all the options. I said it was an exceptionally well outfitted SC. It's the same thing.

Again you either like it or not... that is what matters. if you like it, best of luck getting a good a good deal that makes you happy. If you don't like it walk away and look for something better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it is not in any way shape or form a contradiction. You are reading things into this listing that are not there. Keralis said is is an SC that may have all the options. I said it was an exceptionally well outfitted SC. It's the same thing.

Forget, "reading into things" I'm having a difficult enough time trying to read what you're typing...(see italics)

Again you either like it or not... that is what matters. if you like it, best of luck getting a good a good deal that makes you happy. If you don't like it walk away and look for something better.
Yea, I never asked if I should or shouldn't buy this car, just asking for someone to tell me based on the information I have provided if this is or isn't a Limited Edition, seems as though there isn't enough information to do that.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
headlining is different (morzine vs ebony in the limited edition package) but that seems to be the only difference so it may have been a JLR effup :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
headlining is different (morzine vs ebony in the limited edition package) but that seems to be the only difference so it may have been a JLR effup :D
Haha thanks for taking the time to check that out Totya, I really appreciate it. Maybe you should be the Site Administrator...haha ;)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Yea, I never asked if I should or shouldn't buy this car, just asking for someone to tell me based on the information I have provided if this is or isn't a Limited Edition, seems as though there isn't enough information to do that.
Correct because it is a nonissue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts