RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bonatti Grey TDV6 HSE went haywire last week after three days and less than 300 miles. Six warning lights came and remained on relating to suspension, ABS and parking brake as well as display warning of HDC and special systems failure. The speedo also stopped working. That all these warnings occured at the same time suggested to me an electrical fault and, indeed, the vehicle seemed to be working normally. Having taken the car in yesterday my dealer has reported back that their diagnostics indicate a rear wheel speed sensor has failed. Whether this could have been responsible for all the above remains to be explained.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's bad Luck.

Out of interest do you have any pics of your car as I have orderred Bonatti and now not so sure.....see my other post for details..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics yet I'm afraid but rruk has posted some in his Opinions..... post. Problems turned out to be a faulty wheel speed sensor which must have accounted for the speedo and ABS malfunction and a connector to the ECU had come partially adrift which must have accounted for the rest. Bonatti Grey does appear popular since it's the favourite colour of the sales staff at my dealer and there were two PDI'd cars awaiting collection and both were grey.

·
Registered
136 Posts
RRUK posted some pics...that would be me then! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well Today my RR Sport HSE went haywire too (again) with almost 2000 miles. Six warning lights came and remained on relating to suspension, ABS and parking brake as well as display warning of HDC and special systems failure also the Engine Fault message came up also. The speedo also stopped working. My Dealer said it all has to do with the suspension height sensor. It should arrive by Fed Ex in the AM... I guess we will see... :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here we go again.... My new RR Sport limped into the dealership with no Speedodometer and 6 lights on the dash glowing and error messages popping up so quick the computer was bong bonging to death (by the way it was the first time I drove it in a Rain Storm). The second I arrived they said with this many warning lights on it will take them some time, so they gave me a 2005 Perl White Cadillac Escalade it was a ride however it did not have spinning wheels. From Java Black to a Pearl Caddy...... At least it was not a Kia! :roll:

About 1 1/2 days latter the service writer called as said My new RR Sport is FIXED! At that time I also asked him if he fixed the Suspension Fault problem that I had since day 1. He Said that they did not have to replace the height sensor because all the problems I was haven was related to what they fixed?????? (I don't know about that) however he is the expert and I am just the owner. (I learned later is is ex-military) He will not sit still long enough to listen to me. He knows it all. (I learned this the first time I called the dealership to ask him about trailer brakes and he insisted that there were no provisions, and I knew there were) ........ He told me off at that time and quickly let me know his is the expert and boss, and I am the dumb owner and I should listen to him. :evil: (I am in my mid 40's have my Airline Transport Ratting, LR-Jet Rating, Single Engine Land and Sea, Multi Engine Land Commercial and Instrument Rating along with my ATP and this my 53 new vehicle I have bought in my lifetime. I know a little bit about systems and how they work - I am not totally dumb)

THIS IS WHAT REPAIR WAS DONE - 3 Large wire connectors on the front left wheel had water egress - He learned this through a Tech Support Bulletin - They had to open and pack the connectors with Electrical grease to keep the water out.

He also told me that a Tech Support Bulletin also noted that "SUSPENSION VEHICLE RAISING SLOWLY" and "SUSPENSION WILL RISE WHEN SYSTEM COOLED' are very normal and not a Fault.

They drove my new Sport around for me to pick it up... they also installed my new $300 floor mats. I get in and there is grease and mud all over the new front mats. I overlooked that as I knew I could clean them and would be able to get them back to new. Also one of the carpet pins was in the wrong place from the factory and the service writer said I would have to live with an extra hole in the carpet. O WELL once again! I was glad to get out of the Caddy and back into my RR Sport!

Today 1 hour after receiving my RR Sport back from the Dealership the "SUSPENSION FAULT NORMAL HEIGHT ONLY" and the The DYNAMIC RESPONSE light show AMBER

Now about 400 miles of the 2200 miles I have on my new RR Sport is Driving to the Dealer.... It is a full time job to try to get this thing FIXED!

I called today to tell Land Rover about the problem and the Service Writer for Land Rover was off so I spoke to the Jaguar service writer. He was very nice and listened to my story. He said to bring it in first think Monday. HERE WE GO AGAIN..... :cry:

This is the Problem I as still HAVING with the RR SPORT

The first day I owned the RR Sport the Computer would sometimes display
"SUSPENSION VEHICLE RAISING SLOWLY"
Called several dealers and 1/2 said it was normal and the 1/2 said to bring it in.
Then about into the 3 day of ownership the Computer would also display
"SUSPENSION VEHICLE RAISING SLOWLY" and also
"SUSPENSION WILL RISE WHEN SYSTEM COOLED' Ambient Air Temp 96F
Now at 1861 statute miles I get this message
"SUSPENSION FAULT NORMAL HEIGHT ONLY" and
The DYNAMIC RESPONSE light show AMBER until you turn off the ignition.

Now sometimes when you restart the Amber light will illuminate and sometimes it will not and sometimes it will illuminate while driving.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Guys,
Any new vehicle driven straight from the factory has some faults.. it is normal
I had some experience with my previous Grand Cherokee. which was one of the few at that time, after that I got Evo 8 my current car. some check engine light slashing all the time I have to reset it all the time..
what I’m aiming to say. that RRS is still under our on test. that why when I'm reading your problems. I really feel sorry but this is what it is. quit normal
I'm trying to get my RRS end of next year. you may ask me why. the answer is very simple. Lesson learned.. "Get a new car at least 2 years after it first addition" of curse some problem will accuser but. at least not mainly in the software. so I have to be very patient reading seeing all what you guy posted. I really appreciate....but I have to wait maybe. Not that long but I will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts