Range Rovers Forum banner

First problem with my RRS 2010... Passenger window auto-up

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  The Weatherman 
#1 ·
Passenger window one touch auto up does not work. Any ideas before it goes to the shop?

#2 ·
Re: First problem with my RRS 2010... Passenger window auto-up

Have you tried reinitializing the motor? Worth a shot, as I read that the "one-shot up" feature can become disabled on the driver's side window in case of a battery disconnect (the same could be true for the passenger window due to the presence of the Hall sensor for the anti-trap mechanism, although the shop manual does not specifically state so.) You may have not disconnected the battery of course, but low voltage or an electrical malfunction elsewhere may require reinitialization of that window's motor anyway. This is the procedure for the driver's side window, try it on the passenger's side and hopefully that does the trick:

Driver's Door Window Motor Initialisation

* Operate the drivers window switch until the window glass is in the fully closed position, continue to operate the window switch for a further two seconds
* Release the window control switch
* Operate the drivers window switch in the closed position and continue to operate the window switch for a further two seconds
* Operate the drivers window switch until the window is in the fully open position (one-shot down)

• NOTE: If the driver's window motor initialisation has been completed correctly, when the driver's window switch is operated, the window should move to the fully closed position (one-shot up) automatically. If the window does not fully close automatically (one-shot up), repeat the complete procedure.

* Operate the driver's window switch once to the close position.
If this doesn't work, suspect a bad window switch.

PS: The initialization procedure is the same for 2006-2009 RRS auto-up windows.

#4 ·

The auto up feature takes a little finesse, you got to do it just right. We have the auto down global thing where if you hold the unlock button down it lowers all the windows but won't raise all the windows using the the key fob. That doesn't make much sense.

#5 ·

I think the global auto-up remote windows work in countries abroad... But, as always, the feature is disabled in North America to avoid potential safety and liability issues, along with superlocking, navigation on the move, etc. God forbid mommy closes all windows and superlocks her Sport to go get a perm while little Jimmy is asleep in the back seat. :roll: Be thankful they go down automatically, I'd love to have that feature in my 2006 when I am parked in the California sun and the passenger compartment has turned into a broiler.

#6 ·

I know its probably been said many times, but umbertob you are scary. What a wealth of information you offer everyone. :thumb:

#7 ·

I use the auto all windows down command from my remote all the time and I must say it works sooooo much better than just leaving windows cracked. I think it has something to do with all the heat instantly rushing out of the cabin that cools it down immediately but whatever the reason i love it!

#8 ·

Freakin' love this forum. Just took out the wife's car for gas and a wash and noticed her window wasn't "auto upping." Came home, searched for "auto window" and BAM!

It's fixed. Thanks RR.net and Umberto! Worked like a charm! 10 second process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.