RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post and just wanted to say HI!

I just finished tearing down my 4.0 and replacing a blown headgasket (Exhaust puffing sound)
(Used RAVE to guide my every step) and after re-assembling everything my idle is ROUGH and dies at stop lights, almost like its starving for fuel; But at high idle (above 2k) it is smoooooth.

I have gone through the entire electrical connections to the plugs + Injectors and everything is in order and snugly fit, along with all grounds/leads in there place.

So I was hoping to buy one of the OBD2 to USB adapters + Software for my laptop off of eBay and find out whats wrong, and maybe clear some codes, does anyone have experience with such devices?

Thanks, and please forgive me if this info is easily found with "Search", I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Did you make sure that either the airflow meter or throttle sensor plugs are plugged in.
Old or incorrectly installed HT leads. ie not neatly seperated and routed correctly.

Dirty air flow meter, Ive seen a few blocked with leaves....belive it or not

Cam shaft timing incorrect.
Crankshaft sensor dirty, its magnetic and metal filings are common

You didnt mention RPM at idle, some times a simple adjustment of the airscrew is needed but also a failing idle control valve is also a sign of this problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts