RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed fluid from the rear on the ground. Attached is a picture of the leak. I assume this is the rear diff? Looks like a healthy leak as everything behind it on the underside towards the rear is covered in oil. Including what I believe is the battery housing compartment b/w the 2 exhausts? Any insight would be appreciated!

IMG_0287.jpg

·
Banned
107 Posts
Hard to tell what that is as there is no context of its surroundings. That is a lot of fluid though, what does it smell/feel like? It might not be the diff but something above it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The rear diff often catches oil from further up the drivetrain. Clean it up, drive around for a few days and check it again. Do you park in the same spot every night? Anything on the floor?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Taking to dealer tomorrow to see what's up. The SA mentioned something about a rear pinion seal? I looked further up and everything is dry towards the middle and towards the engine. There is some drippage on the garage floor. Would guess it's gear oil. Will update yall when I know more. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear pinion seal confirmed. Covered under warranty. Pick up tomorrow!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Result! Great news and thank you for posting the fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts