Range Rovers Forum banner

First Camping trip in new ATB

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  sushisean 
#1 ·
Had a great inaugural outing in the new ATB this weekend up in Monache Meadows (Eastern Sierra Nevadas). The new KO2 BFG’s did great. We did multiple water crossings, huge muddy puddles and some pretty tight and technical trails. The trails I would rate a 4 out of 10 in difficulty at their most difficult section, but they were very tight and steep in sections causing the long wheelbase plus my teardrop to be a challenge.

I only had to retry a single ascent, and it was just a bad line I picked. Other than that I wasn’t stuck, slipping or sliding a single time.

I love that the new car has the angle of fore and aft as well as side in the HUD. The screens are all very useful, as are the HD cameras showing me where each door sill is.

Got a huge 1” diameter stick jammed up into the upper control arm on the way out making a god awful rubbing noise. But we broke it out and no damage done. Other than that, absolutely no drama with the car.

The deployable side steps were very handy in parts, but wow do they get filthy. They are the repository for all mud and gunk you get on the car off-roading.

See less See more
#2 ·
Agree the '18+ HUD is actually pretty useful off-road. I love how cozy you seemingly made it for your dogs. Great stuff and I love seeing your pictures, thanks for sharing them.

#5 ·
You can see wheel position, steering angle, pitch and roll

#4 ·
Nice rig and pics, thanks for sharing. Really impressed to see you doing any offloading at all with an Autobiography!

#7 ·
275/55/20

I like the look so much I may not put the street set back on.

#12 ·
This trailer has an internal brake controller to operate its brakes, however I do have a controller I have installed for when towing my race trailer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.