RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there is a way to check what version the firmware is on my 2017 Range Rover Sport, and also check if there are any current updates (other than actually taking it to the dealer).

I had issues with the trip computer simply not showing up. Changing to UK English fixed the problem.

Now, my incontrol remote isnt working great. remote start is random. lock/unlock same thing.
Last night it worked fine in my garage at 11:30. This morning it wont work at all.
Start the car, pull outside, works right away.
Wait 30m
wont work again.
Start car, lock car, works fine again.
Wait a bit and it stops working again.

Its like the car keeps going to sleep or cant get an call connection.

Also of note when the car turns on it normally takes 1-2m before the car connects to a 3g network (for my personal sim, not the incontrol sim).

I dont know if its a firmware problem, antenna problem, or just crappy cell connection. (while the last option is possible I find it hard to believe as it works sometimes, and doesnt other time in the exact same spot). Also did the same thing to me yesterday at work, in the morning, but worked in the afternoon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was just told that my TFT has an update available.
I speculate that this would solve the trip computer problem... not sure if i could be related to the incontrol... kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the TFT update and it fixed the trip computer issue.

I think there is an update for incontrol, but the derps at the dealership cant figure out how to apply it, and some didnt even know what incontrol touch pro was. Dynamite retailers LR has.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Lol great to hear.

The TFT i can honestly live with. So my display says Tyres instead of Tires... no big deal.

The incontrol is annoying as heck.

Land Rover CS told me the only thing outstanding was the TFT update.

Oddly, after 1.5h of it not working today I used the keyfob to unlock then relock the truck. 5m later incontrol is working (and still is 4h later...) Truck still hasnt moved since 9am this morning when i pulled it out of the garage.

Oddly yesterday it was only in the Am that it didnt work lol... maybe there is an issue with satellites at certain times haha?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Just curious if there is a way to check what version the firmware is on my 2017 Range Rover Sport
Yeah. I was hanging out with one of the service technicians once when he uploaded some stuff to my 405 & the full size of the directory was 21 or 25GBs, I don't remember exactly and this was before ICTP. So, depending on your specific setup, it looked to me that that's the max amount of software that there can be on the car.
Additionally, the system is very modular (think models, trims, options, countries...), there are literally dozens of software-controlled areas, all (almost) completely independent of one another. So which one is the firmware? :)

While I agree, it would be super awesome to see what's behind as far as our vehicle's software is concerned, not sure if there's an easy way to do so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked in my Nav settings, and from what i can tell the app version is 20.14-1165.

Looking online that appears out dated.
Will updating the TFT update this, or are they two separate items?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I am 99.99% sure my problem with the incontrol remote is software related.

Every time it isnt working I unlock the car with the fob, then relock it.
Incontrol starts working again almost immediately.

This tells me that something is causing the car to go to sleep etc, and when you cycle the fob, it reactivates it.

No idea if the TFT update could fix this but i guess anything is possible at this point.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep, that's old. Get your dealer to update InControl Touch Pro (NGI Phase3 5.02). Start with that. Unrelated to TFT safety recall N124.

Also have them check for "update to the Terrain Response Switchpack (referred to as the All Terrain Control Module (ATCM) on PATHFINDER) to resolve concerns relating to vehicles having a higher than expected quiescent drain."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts