Range Rovers Forum banner

Firenze red or corris gray??

14K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  FourFourty 
#1 ·
Hello all! First post here -- been lurking for a few weeks, and just today [finally] got to test drive a 2014 RRS and fell in love. Was lucky in that the dealership I visited actually had decent sampling of colors to see, and am now completely torn between Firenze red or corris gray. Love them both for different reasons - the firenze just jumps out as an awesome color, whereas the corris gray really seems to work with the lines.

For anyone else who decided to go with one of those colors, or have seen them, any strong opinions? I know color's about as subjective as it gets -- mostly I'm worried that the Firenze red will come across as a cry for attention, esp. for a guy, but at the same time REALLY liked how it looked in the showroom.

#3 ·
Word is it will be a 2014 only color.
...OK - I have to come clean... I was just messing with @kinddog since Corris is his color and he's waiting for the 2015... As far as I know, Corris is here to stay. the link to the JLR website was made up.

That said, I think if you're seriously considering red, go for it - it's what you want in your heart, Corris is what you are considering in your head.

#7 ·
Firenze Red is not as "loud" as it might look in some shots, it is a classy, darker metallic red that really pops under the bright sun or bright lights, but is otherwise fairly muted. I love it on my 2013 LR4 (see some photos in my Garage.) Had Corris Grey been available when I ordered it though, it would have been a tough call... I was kind of sick of the monochrome grey / silver / white / black variations of my previous cars, so I would have probably gone with red anyway. Red also does wonders for your midlife crisis, if you are going through one. ;-) Nothing brightens your day quite like seeing that big hood in front of you sparkle in the sun first thing in the morning.

#8 ·
Thanks all for the input! Definitely "want" the red, largely because my last three cars have all been different forms of gray and it would be nice to do something a little different. Resale is definitely something I hadn't really considered, and of course a nice gray looks beautiful clean and in the sunlight. The dealership had both, will maybe drop by again today (since I doubt they'll both sit there long) and stare at them for a bit!

#13 ·
This past summer our dealership had both the Firenze Red and Marmaris Teal Range Rover Sports on their lot. In my opinion, those two colors were the best colors for the 2013 Range Rover Sport. I fell in love with both, but ended up buying the teal Sport simply because that is what we were planning to order on an LR4, and I had a vehicle a couple years ago that was a nearly identical color red as Firenze Red. If I were to buy a new 14 Sport, I would only buy one in Firenze Red. The color is amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.