RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Fellas, i've got a free weekend coming up and i really wanted to go through my suspension components because the truck has started riding really rough lately. Here's what i've changed in the past year:

all 4 ride height sensors
2 front shock/air springs
compressor

I did lower the ride height a few months ago and im assuming something is just wacked out because it used to ride nicely. Now it simply rides like. I was just curious when you guys go through your suspension what is the right procedure?

does it go:

1.Calibrate suspension
2.Alignment
3.Adjust ride heights

Or should i go Calibrate, adjust and then align? In the past i would always find once i calibrate it, one corner would be like 1.5" off and its driving me crazy. Usually the front passenger side (us model).

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
First, go to service etc, suspension, tstvalves .
fiddle around till everything is as close to zero as possible.
than go to calibrate , manual.

Make sure it is 480 from the whhel center to arch in the front, a bit more in the back

Have fun.

takes about ten minutes

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
Annette is correct... calibrate it correctly, then lock all 4 corners together (using the GAP IID tool allows you to lock the 4 corners together so all you need to do is raise/lower the overall height from the calibration point) and adjust to the desired height then have an alignment last. remember a lower ride height may cause an uncomfortable ride just as a lifted ride height. If you are having other ride quality issues look at your sway bar bushings and end-links and maybe the front lower control arms too (play in the bushings &/or ball joint).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, go to service etc, suspension, tstvalves .
fiddle around till everything is as close to zero as possible.
than go to calibrate , manual.

Make sure it is 480 from the whhel center to arch in the front, a bit more in the back

Have fun.

takes about ten minutes

When you say "fiddle around till everything is as close to zero as possible." can you elaborate a little bit more? I've never used the "test valves sequence" before i calibrated my suspension? Maybe thats my issue... Ill try it tonight i have no idea what that screen looks like, the only thing ive tested on the screen was completely airing out the suspension for maintenance work like replacing the struts. Thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, i had no idea about this screen prior to recalibrating my suspension following the directions on the iidtool website. My settings are all off by A LOT Front left -46/ front right -52, rear left -39/ rear right -47 (in access mode). I'm assuming your variables are shown at normal drive height? i'm going to go through the truck thouroghly this weekend and i will check back in with an update. Thank you for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts