Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I bought 2010 RRS autobiography last week at Hornburg West Hollywood.
The dealer recommended me some financial services, but I was not sure if I would need them.
Please help me, experts!

So Followings are the services

1. Interior/ exterior protection
- the ultimate paint, fabric and leather protection packages
- Prevent fading & cracking
- Seals carpet & upholstery against water & oil
- Coverage for cigarette burns punctures less than 1/4" etc.
- Maintain a showroom richness with a conditioner to preserve, protect & keep leather soft and supple
- Protects against oxidation & loss of gloss, bird droppings sun fading and tree sap

Price : $895

2. Multi-sheild Protection Package
- Benefits of InTire
-> Protects against blowouts, nails, glass, pat holes and debris. Coverage includes costs for tire and wheel repair or replacement, mounting, balancing, valve stems, sales tax and customary labor charges
- Benefits of Door Ding
-> Easily removes minor dents and door dings. No sanding, painting or body fillers. Works from behind the vehicle exterior
- Benefits of Windshield Repair
-> A professional technician will repair your damaged windshield instead of repelacing it. Saves on costly insurance deductible

Price : 3years - $1295, 5years - $1595

3. Lojack Theft Recovery System

Price : $1295

What do you guys think about those services?
What services do you recommend me to purchase?
Please help me, thank you

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
All those prices are negotiable. I was only offered the Lojack, i kept refusing they kept lowering the price. Down to $250 I think.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I'd buy none of them as they are huge dealer spiff, but your personal finances and risk tolerance may be different than mine.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
I'd buy none of them as they are huge dealer spiff, but your personal finances and risk tolerance may be different than mine.
Another vote for the above statement!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
1. Unless your hauling toxic waste and cougars or you are a narcoleptic smoker I would say skip #1.

2. Most insurance covers windshield repair at 100% and some like mine are no deductible for replacement either. Paint-less dent repair for minor ding is about $50 - $100 so unless you manage a supermarket and are always in a shopping center parking lot I don't see that many dings in your future. I would skip this one also.

Oh, and congrats on your 2010 RRS autobiography! Nice choice.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
1. Just use a Polymer Body Wax every 2-3 months. For the Leather, I highly recommend Leatherique Products.
2. It's well worth getting Windshield coverage but call your Insurance provider for that, I'm with Metlife and it costs me $9 every six months for Windshield replacement with zero deductible, they also pay for repairs.

I bought my Wife's BMW and my RRS sport within a month of each other, if I had taken out all the "Insurance" packages both Dealers offered it would have cost me over $6000!! That money is still in my Bank account.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I bought #1 for 625 not for the BS exterior protectant but the leather warranty.

I do a lot of work with my RRS and I know I will be needing repairs. Also with having a currently 2 year old riding around with me a lot I know for a fact I am going to end up with a puncture or gouge in her door panel from some misc toy or pointy object.

I have a guy that does auto leather repair and payed him twice that on my old ford edge so for me it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
81 Posts
Think of it this way : The dealers don't offer these because they LOSE money on them over time. They make a killing. I'd buy none of them.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
263 Posts
+1 for this reply also

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up with getting none of those. I already spend about 3yr/3k for extending warranty..
Hopefully, that would be worth.

Thank you guys so much!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
if they do 3m/ventureshield protection for less than $900 i'd take it.

if they include $300 windshield clearplex install i'd take it. and have them give you a loaner.

congrats on the rig. that's the best of the rrs best.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought the wheel protection, and am glad I did so... the wheels are not protected by the OEM rubber-band tires and get damaged easily by curbs when parallel parking.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought the wheel protection, and am glad I did so... the wheels are not protected by the OEM rubber-band tires and get damaged easily by curbs when parallel parking.
no offense but that's prob the worst one to sign up for since sensible driving minimizes the risk of both bending and curbing wheels.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i valet park for a living in LA. i'm really good, bud. try to retrofit that self parking thing. keep u from rolling on f'ed up wheels.
Oh, sorry. Didn't know I was dealing with a professional. I'll toss you an extra $5 next time to make up for it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice LV.... real deal or picked up on Canal St?
CL!! lol

it was a "limited edition" release thus the black v. typical brown/taupe leather trim for a manlier effect (doesn't look like your moms). the "aftermarket" wouldn't dare because people would assume it's really really fake.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
I agree with the wheel coverage....especially if your wife/gf drives it. Ask me how I know. ~forehead slap~

1 - 20 of 25 Posts