RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotify showed up in my incontrol apps this week. It's the first useful app I have seen. Works great so far. Glad to see they are still adding features.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does it use you phone data connection or the sim in the car? Can you set streaming to Extreme quality (like on the phone app)?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it use you phone data connection or the sim in the car? Can you set streaming to Extreme quality (like on the phone app)?
Mine is a 2015. No SIM card. Uses phone through incontrol apps. I have mine set to extreme and it sounds great, BUT be warned it does go through Bluetooth, as do all the incontrol apps.

I have CarPlay in another vehicle. The Spotify interface is very limited there. Incontrol allows a lot more functionality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is a 2015. No SIM card. Uses phone through incontrol apps. I have mine set to extreme and it sounds great, BUT be warned it does go through Bluetooth, as do all the incontrol apps.

I have CarPlay in another vehicle. The Spotify interface is very limited there. Incontrol allows a lot more functionality.
Thanks. That's a bummer - I wasn't aware that incontrol apps work through Bluetooth. Deafetas the purpose of paying for a high end sound system and then feed it sound through Bluetooth...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
299 Posts
This isnt totally related, but my wife has a 6plus and was able to plug via usb and the car recognized the phone perfectly. she could play music and do spotify etc.
i have a 6s plus and it just wouldnt work through the cord. I just resorted to BT streaming as well. I thought it was because my ios had been updated to a point where the software wasnt compatible.
I just recently figured out why hers worked and mine didnt. You have to have at least 1 song in your itunes/music that you purchased for your phone on the phone.
Then it recognizes the song and you can boot spotify up and play the extreme music (you'd probably want to download it on wifi gs streaming it) off of your spotify.
Im pretty sure the music quality is better through cord than it is through BT right?
I kmow xm/sirius really suck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's about time they started adding APPS that make InControl useful. Now they need to add Pandora!

Spotify showed up in my incontrol apps this week. It's the first useful app I have seen. Works great so far. Glad to see they are still adding features.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, was loving InControl Spotify app, and now the program icon disappeared and I cannot get it back.

Anyone else have an issue with app disappearing?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, was loving InControl Spotify app, and now the program icon disappeared and I cannot get it back.

Anyone else have an issue with app disappearing?
Still works on mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey All,

first time poster here. I have the 2016 RRS HSE Diesel, with the InControl Apps. I have it all set up, and Spotify works well, but is it just me or are you able to browse through playlists? or does it just play without browsing capabilities? I had Apple Music as well, but with that i was able to select playlists and browse through, and select specific songs. Quality does sound great though.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey All,

first time poster here. I have the 2016 RRS HSE Diesel, with the InControl Apps. I have it all set up, and Spotify works well, but is it just me or are you able to browse through playlists? or does it just play without browsing capabilities? I had Apple Music as well, but with that i was able to select playlists and browse through, and select specific songs. Quality does sound great though.
Ok, I finally played with the LR spotify app playlists as well as the CarPlay Spotify app in my 911. You are correct. There is no way to browse through the playlists on the LR version. It's not the way I listen to music, but I can see the downside. Otherwise, it allows more than the CarPlay version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Teekster,

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully they upgrade it soon to support more, until then i find no reason to have my phone plugged in with InControl Apps, also...my phone does run noticeably warmer.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Teekster,

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully they upgrade it soon to support more, until then i find no reason to have my phone plugged in with InControl Apps, also...my phone does run noticeably warmer.
There was a thread in the general chatter about jaguar announcing CarPlay compatibility (possibly through incontrol). I think the mods deleted it after the link to the jaguar page went bad, but could be nice if it worked on the existing vehicles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts