RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the Marques on the 2010 S/C lemme know what you think.. These are the machined face gloss black lip...

·
Registered
270 Posts
I dont know about the all black rims, but I agree that they make the rims look smaller and tires bigger. Are you coming of stock 20's? How do you like the ride so far?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is for my mom and she does not like the all black look... so this was our alternative... I drove it once seemed pretty smooth to me

·
Registered
270 Posts
So it was your mom who wanted the 22's? Probably should have gone with the Saxons or Barons. Maybe even the dukes all in silver finish.

Does "Your Mom" like them. If she does, then the mods can close the thread cuz thats all that matters. Now on the other hand, if you are going to be driving the truck more than she is, then all that matters is what you think. You will find varying tastes when it comes to rims. I think the all black look is horrid. Especially if the trim is not coded to match. I think it makes the truck look dirty. Kind of Mad Max like. I think all chrome or silver is the only way to go. The more the better. I mean I want to HEAR my truck go "BLING" as soon as the sun hits it. But thats just me.

So who is going to drive it more you or your mom?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my mom wanted 22s... I would have gone bigger but its not mine... I have all black wheels on my srt8 and it looks amazing but my jeep is red so it works out really well... she liked these wheels out of all of the redbournes so we got these

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
teekay1 said:
Maybe you guys should do what this post was intended comment on the wheels...
It's going to be hard to get away with threads about modding your mom's car.

ps - the wheel issue was already covered: wheels look small and tires look big. Probably not the look you were going for. But let's ask mom. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
teekay1 said:
Maybe you guys should do what this post was intended comment on the wheels...
Sorry. The wheels give it a 60 series 18" Cooper offroad look if that's what you were going for.

Just one question, is she a bit goth? Because the RRS has that look.

·
Registered
270 Posts
exactly. Could you take a pic with the truck after a wash, and the tires shined? maybe that will make a difference.

Tell your mom she needs to code the trim. Its like wearing a suit with 4 different shades of black. If you code it, then the majority of the truck will be one color. Have your mom come on the forums and have her explain the type of look she wanted and what her taste is. We may be able to help her a little better.

The way your moms truck looks now, it might have been better just to keep it stock. and why go with the chromed out side vent with non matching wheels? You want that color whatever it is to flow. Like your belt matching our shoes, and bringing out color in your tie. Since she is rollin an RRS I will assume that she attends events where people need to dress up some. Well tel her that the truck is the same way. Dress it up and make it look nice.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
198 Posts
Hilarious post.

I think the lip with the black gloss on machined rims looks pretty week.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts