RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. No "lowering modules", no "lowering links", just good ol' fashioned UK engineering.

On the bump stops baby (do bagged suspensions even have bump stops?), lower than access mode, look at those rear wheels tuck:

:lol: About a month ago I got a couple "extended mode" (high centered) scenarios in local parking lots; little concern, but nothing much. Couple weeks ago, got a suspension fault or two...ok, little more serious, but nothing to write home (or rr.net) about. This week, bam! Went to PetSmart to drop the dog off for grooming (it is Mother's day tomorrow you know) and the front passenger wheel is slammed to the ground while the driver rear is jacked up about as high as can be. Whatever right? Go in, do my business, come out and play dancing car reset. Nothing seems to work so I drive off. I am soon reminded of circa 1995 when we slammed my buddies Isuzu pick-up truck to all hell. The Sport was bouncing all around the road as it was down on its bump stops. Man in '95 this put a smile on our faces, but in '10 I was mortified - was anyone watching? As I turned into the neighborhood I was almost bounced out of the seat and I noticed the car behind me backed off and stayed back... :lol: Hopefully I'll get a 2010 Sport as a loaner next week.

Cliffs: Suspension fault causes flashbacks of 1995; riding on bump stops, mortified. :thumb:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
how funny is that...exactly the same place my car went on to the bumpstops at Petsmart as well last October, but it does look good slammed doesn't it?

Not much fun driving it 10 miles to the shop to get the compressor replaced...couldn't go more than 15 mph all the way...felt like driving the Dementor out of a Mad Max movie!

- limp home pic next morning

- parking lot pic

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahaaha! Yes! At least you had your fattie rubbers on...I was rolling the contis! Oh, and yeah, I saw the "30mph" message but it was letting me go 50...

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ninja edit! Yeah, second pic is mad max for sure. :thumb:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yikes... scary indeed.

I get a suspension fault every once in a while... usually will last for a few hours then go away. LR has not been able to duplicate/find the problem that thows the warning. :roll: It's never given me any physical problems though, other than disabling the DRS while the fault is on.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Verdict is 2 height sensors. Will take a week to get them from the UK. :lol: Of course it was fine when I drove it in.

No loaner available for me though, so I'll drive mine until it happens again. :snooty:

Stealer is great though. If you're reading this...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
3E/Paul, that looks to be the correct set up for the oval at Talladega.

If one height sensor fails, it automatically goes to the bump stops?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol:

I'm not entirely sure it's failed. It's riding at "normal" height now, but the heights aren't the same. Front passenger was kinda low when I got home - almost access height and the driver rear looked up a tad too. I'm thinking when the system continually tries to make adjustments and the data coming back just doesn't make sense it ends up throwing it to the gound. Hopefully it doesn't drop again until they get the parts. :pray:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
In my case, it was just the air compressor that went out...all the ride height sensors were OK.

For those who have not driven in this state, it's as EEE says, it's like a bucking bronco...you finally realize just how bumpy most streets are when every bump causes it to bounce all over the place.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PJPR01 said:
In my case, it was just the air compressor that went out...all the ride height sensors were OK.
I wish it was the compressor. I know ours will go out sooner or later; we use access mode every time we park. It better not be at 51k.

PJPR01 said:
For those who have not driven in this state, it's as EEE says, it's like a bucking bronco...you finally realize just how bumpy most streets are when every bump causes it to bounce all over the place.
And when it gets oscillating back to front, look out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts