Range Rovers Forum banner

Finally Here....

Tags
finally
2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  flyersfan76 
#1 ·
Well it's been a long 4 months of waiting, various rental cars (since I turned in my SQ5) and countless hours of researching and second guessing myself/build.

'19 Supercharged Dynamic
Carpathian Grey w/ Black Roof and Ebony/Ebony Interior
Dark Grey Oak Trim
Meridian 825W
22" 9 Split-Spoke Wheels
DPP
VAP
Heated Windshield, Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Center Console Frig and Soft Door Close

First Impressions: This is my first Rover and I'm quite impressed by how nicely it drives and how solid it feels on the road. I was really concerned about the ride quality of the 22" wheels, but I'm pleasantly surprised. When I test drove the RRS, they only had ones with 21" wheels. Our other car, a BMW 340i, has the m-sport package and 19" wheels. The RRS is MUCH smoother. The sound of the V8 is awesome (neighbors probably don't like it in the morning), can't wait to open her up a little more (kids love it too). I had never seen my exact setup in person, just in photos. The Carpathian Grey is an amazing color. My favorite grey used to be Audi/VW Daytona Pearl grey, but this has moved into first place!

Not loving the heated windshield, but I think it takes some getting used to. Living in SoCal, it's probably not necessary, but seems like most Rovers are ordered with it, since it's a free option.

My only disappointment is the lack of surround camera. I could have swore in '18 it was included in DPP or maybe I just read 360 Parking Aid as surround camera. Our other car is a 340i and I always use it to park, when pulling up to curbs.

Questions:
  1. Does the top glove box pop slightly open when you hit the button or fold down?
  2. Are the "premium" floor mats (the one with aluminum tips) that much nicer?

Next up, I would like to get the front windows tinted slightly darker and install my radar detector.

A few quick pics...

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm quite happy with how my vehicle is configured. I would probably just get the new DAP to include the surround camera.

Looks great - very nice color combo.

As for your questions:

1. The upper glove box just pops open slightly and you have to pull it down since it's spring-loaded. I would prefer if it just fully opened on it's own but not a big deal.
2. I have the premium rubber mats with the aluminum trim and really like them. My dealership actually threw them in so I didn't go out of the way to purchase, but I think they're still a worthwhile upgrade.
Thank you so much. Yes, it seemed odd it didn't swing down. Sounds like I need to pick up some of those mats. Thanks for the feedback.

Great looking vehicle. I ordered mine without heated windshield (I was in FL at the time). I had a loaner Discovery Sport with the heated windshield and it's funny--the first few minutes I don't notice the lines, but when I do I can't unsee them. Pretty much rules out buying a RR/RRS without a special order as 99% of them have it ordered.
You do get use to it, but it's most noticeable for me at night with lights coming at you. I would leave it off of future builds.

Have heated WS on my '14. used it probably twice over the last 5 years. Didn't get it on my '19. Being in CA, don't think anybody needs it really.

-ThinkMac-
I agree 100%.

awesome. placed my order last week. they said that they are trying to push out any vehicle that is special ordered to get it over here as soon as possible. so might get put ahead of normal orders?? but they said January sometime.

i caught the heated windshield on the order and had them change it. i have it on my G550 and its irritating, but you end up getting used to it.

i was going to get the 21" black wheels, but there was only one option available, and that was the standard 21" clover looking things. but i plan on getting aftermarket wheels ordered so it wasnt that big of a deal. just have to push that purchase up.

how are the soft close doors? debated on adding that feature, and figured it was only $600, so go for it.
I'm not sure you can wrong with any of the wheels. All the 21"+ IMHO look great...just a matter of which you prefer. I was in love with the 22"s, so it was worth it to pay the extra money for them. So far I like the soft-close doors. It's funny, when I took my Wife's 340i today to get breakfast, I didn't fully close the doors at least 5 times. In the RRS the doors are heavy and will close on themselves, but I felt it was nice to have on a luxury vehicle.

#3 ·
Looks great - very nice color combo.

As for your questions:

1. The upper glove box just pops open slightly and you have to pull it down since it's spring-loaded. I would prefer if it just fully opened on it's own but not a big deal.
2. I have the premium rubber mats with the aluminum trim and really like them. My dealership actually threw them in so I didn't go out of the way to purchase, but I think they're still a worthwhile upgrade.

#4 ·
Great looking vehicle. I ordered mine without heated windshield (I was in FL at the time). I had a loaner Discovery Sport with the heated windshield and it's funny--the first few minutes I don't notice the lines, but when I do I can't unsee them. Pretty much rules out buying a RR/RRS without a special order as 99% of them have it ordered.

#9 ·
Mine was ordered into a Maryland dealership and it didn't have it. I had it on my Hummer and first RRS and love it. On the Hummer it was almost required since it is about 89 degrees vertical.

I never look at the windshield I always looked through it and never noticed the lines. I notice the fogging and glare from the dashboard though which sucks. Really can't stand the fogging though.

#6 ·
awesome. placed my order last week. they said that they are trying to push out any vehicle that is special ordered to get it over here as soon as possible. so might get put ahead of normal orders?? but they said January sometime.

i caught the heated windshield on the order and had them change it. i have it on my G550 and its irritating, but you end up getting used to it.

i was going to get the 21" black wheels, but there was only one option available, and that was the standard 21" clover looking things. but i plan on getting aftermarket wheels ordered so it wasnt that big of a deal. just have to push that purchase up.

how are the soft close doors? debated on adding that feature, and figured it was only $600, so go for it.

#8 ·
Love the color! Very pretty. The Supercharged V8 is a wonderful thing that never fails to put a smile on my face, whether going to the local store or 900 miles it is a dream.

Enjoy your first Rovie and best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.