RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the plunge and got a set of 20” wheels with 275/55R20 K02 tires to replace the stock 22’ the truck came with. So far, I am happy with them. They are a smidge louder at low speeds, but not enough to complain. There is not a discernable difference from the 22” Continentals at high speeds which a find interesting.

Grip wise I have only tried them on dry pavement and dirt/rocks. On dry pavement, they grip more than well enough even on spirited driving. About the same or a very small amount less than the Continentals.

At highway speeds, the car doesn’t have the same planted feel as with the 22” street tires, which is to be expected dues to the larger sidewall and additional tread depth. They feel a bit less responsive and more squishy (technical term :geek: ). Once you turn and they take a set they feel solid.

On a different note, I have a question for the folks that have done the swap including the spare tire. Did you have any issues with the TPMS? I got the tires mounted at Discount Tire and they are having some difficulty getting the sensors to talk to the car. Their latest explanation is that the spare tire needs to be “reset” by the dealer. They will pay for it, but it sounds weird to me. Any thoughts? Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that I didn’t do much off-roading yet. Just some dirt trails with some decent size boulders and loose rock sprinkled throughout for good measure, but nothing that will put the tires to the test. That being said, it was great to be able to get out there, and the tires behaved great.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
Nice! I had zero issues when having my TPMS transferred over from my stock 21s to the 20s, but then again, I haven't mounted my spare to see whether it picks it up as expected.

Have you had any luck having the dealership reprogram your speedo for the slightly larger circumference? My local shop back in CA said they weren't able to reprogram to anything other than OE sizes, so I've got a slightly-too-slow speedometer that I guess I've gotta live with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the wheels tires from Discount Tire and they installed new sensors since I am keeping the original 22" that came with the car. I am planning to change back and forth depending on what I'm doing and the time of the year. Apparently, they installed the wrong part number. They received new ones and they will be installed today. I'll let you know how it goes.

I checked the speed against a GPS and it was dead on so I have not had to mess with calibrating the speedo. Maybe mine was reading slightly off in the "right" direction. Lucky I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts