RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

So after much research, several cars driven, I finally got her. Its a 2011 L322 with 104K miles on it. The millage is a little higher than average, but the guy had the car under extended warranty and spent over 16K on maintenance in repairs in the last 2 years. Im hoping that with all the work put into the car and proper care under my ownership she can last another 100K . I would like to thank everyone for their help during my shopping ordeal. More pictures coming soon.

P. S. I know that late model 2011 had rear locking diff as an option, and mine was listed as rear open axle on topix. However, I'm seeing the icon below. Wishful thinking?

Attachments

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
407 Posts
Congrats, wishing you many happy years with it!

Unfortunately the icon doesn't mean anything, the only way to be sure is to crawl underneath and see if you have it.

Or go rock crawling and see if the icon shows it locking and unlocking.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nice!

A good outcome for someone who has thought this through, done some research and bought on the basis of at least some understanding of "what they're getting into owning a late-model L322"

Hopefully, the $16k maintenance investment in this vehicle means that you should only have to concern yourself with regular maintenance from here onwards, save the occasional gremlin.

Study the owner's manual as there are lots of neat features on this model.

Also, inflate the tires to 38psi front and 44psi rear when cold. Inflate the spare to 44psi too so it's good for any axle (release psi if for the front swap) and the TPMS won't signal a [false] low pressure spare warning.

Now, moving towards daily ownership and thinking ahead.

Windshield wiper blades - their narrower arm mounting width is somewhat unusual for all L322's so I'd order two pairs of those in advance so you'll have them "in stock" when you need them. I usually purchase a couple of sets at a time from Rockauto.com . You can also pick up a rear wiper blade too at the same time (they typically last longer due to less use).

If you're planning to do some of your own maintenance, it's also worth ordering a pair of air filters and a replacement HVAC (cabin air) filter so you can swap them out, as well as several oil filter cartridges for frequent oil changes (5,000 miles).

Extended oil changes are detrimental to the longevity of these 5.0 motors.

Lastly, try to "excersize" your parking brake once in a while so it stays active.

Enjoy your new ride - you'll love it!

Rob

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your kind words and advice. I was actually looking to replace the wipers, this will come in really handy. All fluids are next with a kit from Atlantic British

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport HSE
70 Posts
Congratulations buddy! Its beautiful. Have a white one myself. Sounds about right on warranty coverage. Btw I think all the supercharged models came with the locking rear diff but I could be wrong. I know mine has it as I have the same icon and it has engaged when off roading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
...Btw I think all the supercharged models came with the locking rear diff but I could be wrong...
I ran 3 2012 SC that appeared in my Autotrader search through Topix, and none of them have the locking rear diff. So definitely don't assume that they are all fitted with the locking rear...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts