Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, folks. I've done it! Proud new owner of a 2008 FFRR in Lucerne Green. New tires, new headliner, lots of new things on her actually. Drives great all around.

ONLY 87k miles. Very proud and happy to have finally pulled the trigger and gotten it done. I'll post pics once I have some decent ones.

Thank you all on this forum for all the advice and comments regarding past prospects.

Future plans: Nothing but Maintenance and treating the leather. I want to really clean it and recondition. No cracks or tears in leather or dash, but I want to keep it that way.

Cheers,

Ashtray!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good god, that's a beauty! Same color/interior/everything that I look out for, except I might hold out for the LUX package, but maybe not if it was a good price.
Congrats, I'm envious, but I'll get one someday!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I just noticed there is a small paint defect on the driver side rear door. What would be the best touch up paint for this? It is about a quarter inch long, slightly deep but not showing bare metal.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
369 Posts
What a lovely color! Didn't know it was available, congrats, bsolute beauty!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
281 Posts
One advantage of not having the Lux package is that I think the ivory leather hold's-up a lot better. My 2008 HSE with the Oxford Leather has worn badly despite meticulous and gentle care with the best leather product on the market.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was so excited when purchasing, I completely forgot to check if it had locking diffs. So I checked..

The center locker showed that it could lock and unlock. The rear image of a lock stayed unlocked, but I didn't actually test it offroad. Is the rear locker only locked when needed by the 4x4 system? Or is the fact that it shows 2 locks enough to tell me that I have a center and rear locker?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
14 Posts
Sweet ride! I like that muted green. The mileage is pretty low for that vintage. Enjoy!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you. I also was able to find out that if the 4x4 info on the nav screen shows 2 padlocks, then it means that I have both center and rear diff lockers. That makes me very excited.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
67 Posts
I was so excited when purchasing, I completely forgot to check if it had locking diffs. So I checked..

The center locker showed that it could lock and unlock. The rear image of a lock stayed unlocked, but I didn't actually test it offroad. Is the rear locker only locked when needed by the 4x4 system? Or is the fact that it shows 2 locks enough to tell me that I have a center and rear locker?
My 2012 HSE Lux does not have a locker and I don't believe there is an image of a lock in the rear, only the center

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for replying. My system shows 2 locks. When I go into low range, the center one locks. The rear I believe only locks under slip.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice, rare shade of metallic. I'd be tempted to get some spokes or blades and shoot them the same paint code. Add spacers of course. It'd be sick.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the two locks too, but the padlock on the rear axle never "locks". Despite extensive offroading in low traction situations with all four wheels spinning for grip. The traction control works really well, regardless. I think the only real benefit is that the rear brakes stay cooler on long ascents on steep and loose grass gravel with the locking diff.

Reactions: crash1121

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting about the rear locker. I wonder why mine has an image of it then. I'll have to crawl under and see if there is a motor attached to the diff.

Thank you on the color compliment. I love it more and more every day.

Whats the widest safe spacer to put on these? 10mm?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here she is!
Absolutely beautiful. I've just sold my '19 L405 (loved it but the 2.5 hour drive and month long waits for service appointments got really old). Finding this type of gem could bring me back into the family pretty quickly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Beautiful!! Congratulations! I'm so glad you waited and found the right one! I remember some of your prior considerations and this looks like the best one by far. Low miles, no problems, beautiful interior and paint. Nice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all tons! Looks even better now that I washed it and shined the tires a bit. Drives so amazing. Gives my E66 a run for its money.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts