RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. After replacing all of the incandescent lamps with white 6500 K LED’s on the interior of my Rover including the HVAC, instrument panel and dash switches I finally got to the sun visor lamps. In a nutshell you remove them from the truck modify the inside and wire and install ribbon LED units. I have detailed photos which I will add at the end. Basic soldering skills are needed. Parts were acquired from Home Depot. Or B and Q for those in the UK. Takes about an hour.
I marked the + metal bar in the inside of the visor and show my points of connection. The simple open and closing of the vanity cover switch is still used.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m having trouble adding photos from my IPhone. I’ll update later on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m having trouble adding photos from my IPhone. I’ll update later on.
Get the Tapatalk app, it's great for both browsing the forum and uploading pics is a breeze

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I now have Tapatalk. Let’s try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And a few more. I marked the location of the new LED strips with a black marker. Line up the cover plate with the white diffusion plastic and mark the location on the bottom part directly underneath the white diffusion.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully this makes sense. I soldered all connections and then insulated with electrical tape.
PM for more details. I have done mine and a friends. Let me know if you need help.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took some at night but the iris was blown out in it. I’ll try again during the day.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I took a bunch of photos to show the lights on and in use. Exposure was tricky but here is one that worked.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just gently pry out the insert from the side of the visor. If I remember correctly it is held in by 4 tabs. I trimmed the plastic in the inside as shown in the pictures to make room for the LEDs. It was well worth the effort and my wife really likes them.
Best of luck to you and enjoy!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Cheers got it out and ordered led’s b&q don’t seem to do 12v strips but a well known auction place has a uk based seller so be done this time next week

1 - 13 of 13 Posts