RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So for the LONGEST time I have wanted to be able to add an AUX input to the amazing logic 7 system. The best thing I could find for the longest time was a NAVTV module for $350 which was not going to happen. So after more and more research, I found that the ACM from Land Rover was the way to go as you can STILL buy them from the dealer for $205 shipped!! And yes they do work in the 2006 Range Rover! I can even plug in my iPhone X into it and have steering wheel controls! Fitment of the ACM wasn’t too hard you mostly just have to put the unit in the actual glove box but it’s not too hard and I’m VERY happy with the results. When you purchase the unit you get an iPod cable, an RCA input,and a USB input (strictly for using a flash drive). If anyone had any questions about the unit I’ll be more than happy to try and answer them! Just wanted to make this post to fully confirm that it does work on the 2006 Range Rover (without the RSE)

·
Registered
584 Posts
You wouldn’t happen to have a part number for this would you?
I know if I go into my Rover dealer, they will tell me no such part exist.
Or they will tell me to go to an audio store for aftermarket slice and dice kit.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You wouldn’t happen to have a part number for this would you?
I know if I go into my Rover dealer, they will tell me no such part exist.
Or they will tell me to go to an audio store for aftermarket slice and dice kit.

Sent from my iPhone X
Yes the part number is VPLME0004 I ordered mine from a dealer I believe in Fort Myers... just a simple google search should bring it up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the Factory ACM in my 2006. When the switch is in CD mode all is fine but when you switch it to device mode you'll get a traction control easter egg on the display when starting up the truck. Its the onscreen traction display for 07-09s lol.

Keep in mind on an 06 it's a hard install. You will remove your entire dash. I ran an extension usb/aux/ipod to the center console like factory.

I bought mine new for LRDirect for like $150. They have some of the best prices if you dont mind importing from the EU.

Just bought a 2012 with the bovee adapter. Have not tried it with the 06 yet but I'll check it when ive got both trucks together.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks. Let me know how the ACM reacts with the bovee. I cant wait to finally find a solution to getting rid of all the cables and having some control without having to do it with the phone while driving.
Mark

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks. Let me know how the ACM reacts with the bovee. I cant wait to finally find a solution to getting rid of all the cables and having some control without having to do it with the phone while driving.
Mark
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this.

OK so I swapped the Bovee betwen the 06 with ACM and the 2012 with OEM ACM.

It did not work with the 06 ACM. It appeared to be constantly reconnecting or rebooting. This could be an ACM firmware issue or a Bovee firmware issue. The ACM is actually a 3rd party unit used in a wide range of vehicles and much like the old Nav units there are firmwares for porsche, saab etc that may be newer and allow it to work. I do not know the process for firmware updates etc, it's been a long time since I looked into all that. I also am unsure but there may also be a different Bovee model for different compatibility. YMMV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts