RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it on the road after A LOT of paperwork problems.
You guys know the info, 1 of 100 made, borrego yellow paint, black buffalo leather with yellow stitiching, fully loaded 4.6HSE trim, this one has the adventure package.
Have a few small(ish) issues to resolve, but so far love it, totally different from my Classic and my M5 (both sold now).

So far, removed the rear resonators and had magnaflow tips installed, its getting HID's any day now, and Im waiting for my passenger foglight. I also want to match the tint on the front two windows to the rear, and find a place to reflash the BECM for more power(anyone who does it?).

Gotta pull the D90 out and take some proper shots.

·
Registered
401 Posts
looks clean, I like the comet wheels. If you can match the tint, post how you did it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Love the truck and the wheels :thumb:
Kudos

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the Comet wheels have really grown on me. At first I was iffy, but they look fantastic.
I will be refinishing them in the spring, might go a dark(er) shade of silver.
As far as the tint goes, Ill be taking it to a shop.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
WOW, I am green with envy over the AA yellow. :mrgreen: :thumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rrtoadhall said:
WOW, I am green with envy over the AA yellow. :mrgreen: :thumb:
Only reason I bought the truck really, was looking at L322 or BMW's, but then saw this, between how rare and COOL it is, I just had to have it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Nice I really like the yellow..

Scotty

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I see a SD rack, winch plate, and some mud tires in your future. Maybe even some ARB lockers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kmagnuss said:
I see a SD rack, winch plate, and some mud tires in your future. Maybe even some ARB lockers.
Don't really agree with you. Strictly from an aesthetic point of view, the roof rack/bars are better than the sd rack, and i don't need one, won't even fit in the garage, barely does now. This is gonna be a pavement pounder. It would look bad ass with some MTR's tho, too bad they dont come in that size.

G

·
0 Posts
luvs2getmuddy said:
the roof rack/bars are better than the sd rack
Your opinion, but how? I've had both and the crossbars are useless compared to the SD rack. The sport rack looks good, but holds nothing, the SD rack looks better and holds everything. Either way, nice looking Borrego. :thumb:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Before you IMO waste money on illegal HID's - try som LEGAL Philips VisionPlus 50% H4's or Philips Extreme 80% and H1's Visionplus 50% for main beam.... They both really make night into day!!!

have considered HID's many times - but since it''s illegal - and oncoming cars get blinded - I decided to drop the idea and go for a legal solution - If you have an accident your insurance company can claim that YOU caused it because of the blinding HID's......

Ferdinand.....Just my 50 cent

But the Borrego looks SO good - I want one too - hell might have a respray..... and then again NOT!!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Max said:
luvs2getmuddy said:
the roof rack/bars are better than the sd rack
Your opinion, but how? I've had both and the crossbars are useless compared to the SD rack. The sport rack looks good, but holds nothing, the SD rack looks better and holds everything. Either way, nice looking Borrego. :thumb:
re-read my post,

""Don't really agree with you. Strictly from an aesthetic point of view, the roof rack/bars are better than the sd rack, and i don't need one, won't even fit in the garage, barely does now. This is gonna be a pavement pounder. It would look bad ass with some MTR's tho, too bad they dont come in that size.""

From a functionality point, I never needed my roof for anything.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ferdinand said:
Before you IMO waste money on illegal HID's - try som LEGAL Philips VisionPlus 50% H4's or Philips Extreme 80% and H1's Visionplus 50% for main beam.... They both really make night into day!!!

have considered HID's many times - but since it''s illegal - and oncoming cars get blinded - I decided to drop the idea and go for a legal solution - If you have an accident your insurance company can claim that YOU caused it because of the blinding HID's......

Ferdinand.....Just my 50 cent

But the Borrego looks SO good - I want one too - hell might have a respray..... and then again NOT!!!!
As Kmagnuss said, the HID's aren't illegal here, I also don't run purple ones, I like the subtle white light output.
Haven't ordered them yet, but will be soon. Gonna leave the "modifications" for after I've done the other up to date maintenance things.

Just finished ordering some slotted/drilled rotors with some premium wagner pads (my front brakes are pretty shot), then wanna do front shocks/stabilizer as more of a precaution than anything.

·
Registered
517 Posts
luvs2getmuddy said:
and find a place to reflash the BECM for more power(anyone who does it?).
I'm really not sure what altering the Body Electronic Control Module is going to do to improve power as I assume you mean engine power as opposed to how powerful your electric windows are :think:

If you want more power you are going to have to mod the engine not the electronics.

Gorgeous looking RR though - we didn't get these in the UK

·
Registered
494 Posts
that thing is f*cking awesome. not to be one of those "know what you should do?!" with others' trucks, but they make a front bumper that has the wings and wire headlamp guards integrated and steel. as a ripper-off of a bars, i can tell you it's a cinch to get off (i disqualify that in areas where salt exposure is involved). the 'ol driving lights'll mount on it too.

talk to me about the exhaust. b/c i want one of those on my '99.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dutchfrompredator said:
that thing is f*cking awesome. not to be one of those "know what you should do?!" with others' trucks, but they make a front bumper that has the wings and wire headlamp guards integrated and steel. as a ripper-off of a bars, i can tell you it's a cinch to get off (i disqualify that in areas where salt exposure is involved). the 'ol driving lights'll mount on it too.

talk to me about the exhaust. b/c i want one of those on my '99.
Thanks man, I am going to get the light guards put on the front soon...know a place to get them.

THe exahust consists of:
2X Magnaflow Exhaust tips - 2.5"Inlet and dual 3" Outlet
The shop chopped off the resonators and replaced them with just a 2.5" pipe- it was hard to get the angle right.

The sound did not change very much, but it looks great. THere is more of a burble now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AMcK said:
luvs2getmuddy said:
and find a place to reflash the BECM for more power(anyone who does it?).
I'm really not sure what altering the Body Electronic Control Module is going to do to improve power as I assume you mean engine power as opposed to how powerful your electric windows are :think:

If you want more power you are going to have to mod the engine not the electronics.

Gorgeous looking RR though - we didn't get these in the UK
That's what I meant, not sure why I said BECM instead of engine ECU.
Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts