RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after I bought my '03 the HVAC blower motor failed. Naturally it happened in the middle of the summer (the rear blower worked still, so luckily I had some sort of A/C.)

I figured it was the Final Stage Resistor (FSR), I had the same failure in my e39 540i (which I changed in the dealership parking lot in 5 minutes with nothing more than a leatherman), and research on this site seemed to verify it was the FSR.

So I bought one. Now changing the FSR is a bit harder than in my 540i, but there are many good write-ups in this community of removing the passenger foot well instead of the glove box to save HOURS on this job.

I decided to film my job and pointed out a few tips and pointers that weren't in the written guides. I hope it is useful to some of you who have (or may have) a similar issue:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I replaced mine a few months ago. Made the mistake of trying to force the foot ductwork into the slot you said not to (wish you had this video posted earlier). Now my hot/cold air slider wheel, under the middle air vents under the radio, is stuck on hot. I would've tried to fix this but the unusual cold weather made it unnecessary for now.

I'll use your video to clean up my mistake when the weather gets hot again. Thanks for the video!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts