RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 191,000 miles, the fuel pump finally needs replacing in my 1995 4.0. I am using the directions on here for saving the original assembly and swapping in a generic pump. Waiting for parts to finish. However, in removing the filler neck from the body work, the large grommet (ESR3027) was destroyed. I cannot find a replacement. I even contacted LR Direct and was told that none of their suppliers stock that part.

Has anyone found a suitable replacement? Another LR model? Different vehicle manufacturer? Anything? I can't believe I am the first one to have this issue.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, I have one that I recieved from Rovers North waiting to be installed laying on the work bench for our 96 Disco 1. Thses guys are my go to supplier, especially for my 85 Classic.

·
Registered
280 Posts
No, I was not implying they are the same, which would be an error on my behalf since I don't own a 1995 with the 4.0L. I was giving a little info on another supplier that I've used for a few years now, especially when others have told me what I need is no longer available. Post was an inquiry for locating a fuel filler neck grommet, I simply said yes, along with what vehicle that I purchased the grommet for. Is there a difference between the two years? I haven't the slightest, would it hurt to contact the folks I posted?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks RRToadHall, I do not know how much interchange there is between the models and years, yet anyway. Now I know (at least on this issue). I'm here to learn as much as possible, and if I give confusing info, I greatly appreciate when elder members correct me. Thanks, no worries on this end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts