RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok three unrelated questions:

1. I am going to be upgrading to 22's in the spring, and haven't finalized which wheel (leaning towards Redbourne Duke) and was looking at tire sizes, seems most people go to a 285 35 22 but I find this size to be almost an inch bigger in diameter, which obviously throws off the speedo but fills the wheel well just a bit more. Why aren't people using 285 30 22 which is just about identical to the original diameter (for s/c), is it just sidewall concerns?

2. Second question is what is the redline on the S/C model? There's no indication on the tach and I haven't pushed it past 5k thus far.

3. Lastly, anyone else's front suspension feel a little rough in the cold when first driving? Meaning it thuds a little more in front over bumps until everything is warmed up a bit. My front 'bushes' (for you English out there) were replaced at 7k miles due to a clunking and it rides great when its warm, or when it's cold, after I've been driving for a little while.

Short or long answers are all appreciated!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Re: Few Questions regarding, tire size, redline and suspension

I'm also going to go thicker sidewall.. I don't care if the speedo is off by 1.5 mph.. I'd rather have a smoother ride and a better looking tire combo in relation to the wheel gap.

Not sure about the redline.. I kind of gave up on the performance side of this car. I came from a Cayenne Turbo, its not going to be a Cayenne so I just got used to it. Weren't you looking into the pulley/ECU combo earlier.. I never saw your update on that. I was VERY interested.

The clunks.. yeah me too. I figured it happened when I was off the accelerator and on the brakes, but maybe it is cold weather related, need to pay better attention. I took it into the dealer, but they gave me the typical answer, "We couldn't recreate the sound, everything looks fine."

Ukraine.. what are you leaning towards in terms of modding? Im thinking of going the blacked out look.., not 100% sure because I do like some type of contrast. But from all the RRS out there, color coding on the Java Black is pretty bad ass.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Few Questions regarding, tire size, redline and suspension

Serb said:
I'm also going to go thicker sidewall.. I don't care if the speedo is off by 1.5 mph.. I'd rather have a smoother ride and a better looking tire combo in relation to the wheel gap.

Not sure about the redline.. I kind of gave up on the performance side of this car. I came from a Cayenne Turbo, its not going to be a Cayenne so I just got used to it. Weren't you looking into the pulley/ECU combo earlier.. I never saw your update on that. I was VERY interested.

The clunks.. yeah me too. I figured it happened when I was off the accelerator and on the brakes, but maybe it is cold weather related, need to pay better attention. I took it into the dealer, but they gave me the typical answer, "We couldn't recreate the sound, everything looks fine."

Ukraine.. what are you leaning towards in terms of modding? Im thinking of going the blacked out look.., not 100% sure because I do like some type of contrast. But from all the RRS out there, color coding on the Java Black is pretty bad ass.
I never was able to get any information regarding the pulley and tune combo, so my results are inconclusive. I know it wouldn't be difficult to get that extra 50 hp, I just think it'd be hard to locate a reputable tuner that knows what he's doing with these ECU's.

My modifications will be limited to aesthetics only, probably will color code the door handles and the vents and add 22's...performance-wise, nothing really. I had a Jeep SRT8 before this which was retardedly fast so I realize I'm just not in this thing for that kind of performance - its for the 100 other reasons I love the RRS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts