RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
Hey guys, so im looking for feedback. After lifting my rig and adding bigger 275.55 tires it was noticable the increase in spray i was getting from my tires on the rear and down the side so I looked into fender flares and options and while, there are some true flares, the money and time required to install body work ones is not something i want or can do right now. This left me with two options, mud flaps, which i hate the look of, or some type of jeep style bushwacker bolt on flare made of plastic. Both sucked, but then i found a cool product called EZ Flare. Essentially these things are stick on flares made of polyurethane with 3m style sticky tape that hold it to the inner fender well. Im still un decided on how much I like that but i was able to install in about 30 mins and they do fucnction. This is the truck in progress and finished. One note, this is the 1.5" and they make a 3 as well. Im thinking of putting the 3 on the rear when these inevitably get beat up and fall off to see how it looks.
Thoughts comments questions?

IMG_0334.jpg IMG_0338.jpg IMG_0346.jpg IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0367.jpg View attachment 265818

One last note, the rears are harder than front due to the door being part of the archway. I tried as best I could to cut the flare at an angle backwards so it wouldn't be seen straigt on or rub as much but im guessing this is going to be the fail point but we shall see in tme. Any suggestions on a better way to deal with that little wrinkle?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow i really like that wheel/tire setup. The stuff you used looks like this stuff we would use on our cars to create a "lower valence" its basically the stuff you can buy at the hardware store that gets put on the bottom of your garage door. It's like a foam rubber and easily cuttable, its only like $7usd. My personal opinion, is leave it as is or buy some Kahn like over-fenders. Have you ever looked into the overfenders on ebay or from meduza?

These would have to be modified where it meets the bumper but i think it would look pretty cool.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-Rover-Hm-s-Fender-Flares-10-Pc-For-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Sport/152089440851?fits=Model:Range+Rover+Sport&epid=1737633972&hash=item23693cb253:g:CSoAAOSwkVVbYG2g&_sacat=0&_nkw=range+rover+sport+flares&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd agree with the previous post as well. I'd leave it as is. These rigs were meant to be dirty; let 'em be! BTW, your tire set up looks solid.

Hey guys, so im looking for feedback. After lifting my rig and adding bigger 275.55 tires it was noticable the increase in spray i was getting from my tires on the rear and down the side so I looked into fender flares and options and while, there are some true flares, the money and time required to install body work ones is not something i want or can do right now. This left me with two options, mud flaps, which i hate the look of, or some type of jeep style bushwacker bolt on flare made of plastic. Both sucked, but then i found a cool product called EZ Flare. Essentially these things are stick on flares made of polyurethane with 3m style sticky tape that hold it to the inner fender well. Im still un decided on how much I like that but i was able to install in about 30 mins and they do fucnction. This is the truck in progress and finished. One note, this is the 1.5" and they make a 3 as well. Im thinking of putting the 3 on the rear when these inevitably get beat up and fall off to see how it looks.
Thoughts comments questions?

View attachment 265804 View attachment 265808 View attachment 265810 View attachment 265812 View attachment 265814 View attachment 265818

One last note, the rears are harder than front due to the door being part of the archway. I tried as best I could to cut the flare at an angle backwards so it wouldn't be seen straigt on or rub as much but im guessing this is going to be the fail point but we shall see in tme. Any suggestions on a better way to deal with that little wrinkle?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats pretty much what it is, that company makes lower lips as well. I actually have purchased the kit from ebay a while ago but i was quoted a grand by my boy shop to get them put on right and blended. I think i may just have them paint them and sitck them on instead of going with the color matching and bledeing as i was going to do for the grand. I think if i went just flat/matt black like the lower plastic trim it would look good. I really dont think a gloss black would look good and we all know that they are going to get chipped up inevitably from wheeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts