RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this weekend, out driving kids to swim-meet.

Feels like the suspension went into super soft mode or something. Every little bump feels like it cause the car to float. Tried it in Dynamic Mode and didn't feel different. But was also in a hurry to bus kids around. This was a quick butt dyno testing. Haven't been driving my Sport in a couple of weeks, just weird.

No errors. Maybe I'm imagining it. Just not as tight as before. I go over a speed bump in the parking lot and it absorbs it, but the car seem to bounce a little more than usual. Memory seems to indicated I don't feel the extra bounce in the past. Will have to go out and test more extensively, but figure I ask and see if anybody have any quick past experiences that are similar?

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There was a change in 2014 towards the end of the year. I don't recall exactly when, but they did soften it. As for 2015 I can tell no difference even though I just had my software updated last week to whatever is the latest. And in Dynamic mode there is an appreciable tightening and the dampers get stiffer as before. When was your last software update? Did you get updated late last year? I'd check your tire pressure first. You will feel a few PSI change but it wont necessarily be enough to trigger warning depending on setting and how much you had it inflated. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
209 Posts
Just this weekend, out driving kids to swim-meet.

Feels like the suspension went into super soft mode or something. Every little bump feels like it cause the car to float. Tried it in Dynamic Mode and didn't feel different. But was also in a hurry to bus kids around. This was a quick butt dyno testing. Haven't been driving my Sport in a couple of weeks, just weird.

No errors. Maybe I'm imagining it. Just not as tight as before. I go over a speed bump in the parking lot and it absorbs it, but the car seem to bounce a little more than usual. Memory seems to indicated I don't feel the extra bounce in the past. Will have to go out and test more extensively, but figure I ask and see if anybody have any quick past experiences that are similar?

-ThinkMac-
I drive my MY15 now since 16.000 miles and for me the smoothness of the suspension feels different, depending on weather conditions.

I my opinion (just a feeling) it is always softer in the morning, first mile, than it finds the setting for the day.
But a bigger difference I feel when the days are hot and the air is dry, there is the most comfy feeling.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah. Good idea on the PSI. Figure the TPMS will tell me, but maybe there's so many false positives that I've ignored them.

Will have to check the PSI tonight and see.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer end up replacing the shocks, they didn't explain why. I remember reading another forum member mentioning similar problem and it was his shocks, so brought it to the dealer.

Works great now.

-ThinkMac-

Any updates on the suspension bounce? As of 2 weeks ago my front end is bouncing as though I have bad shocks. Anyone else?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
2014 SC had shocks leaking issue that was associated with the thunk noise. Did they perform a leak test and find that they were out of spec? I don't think it should be happening on the 2015s though. How many miles do you have on it now?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts