RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks everyone for being part of this community. I'm getting ready to dive into the Range Rover world.

Few questions that I will appreciate your collective wisdom on:
- V6: Is V6 good enough? I understand V8 is better but I want to ensure getting V6 is not a mistake. If V8 is must, I will look at Range Rover Sport to stay in budget.
- Seat Colors: What interior go best with Byron Blue color? I'm leaning towards Espresso / Almond.
- Park Assist: Is this feature interesting?
- Refrigerator: Would you recommend it?
- Massage Seats: I was fascinated by them until I read a thread where almost everyone found is either not useful or in fact problematic for MY18+
- Wade Sensing: Looks super cool, but any useful?
- Warranty: What warranty package would you recommend with a new car?

Finally, I had few newbie questions on ordering the car:
- For recent MY19 builds, can I expect any discount over MSRP? In fact, should I be prepared for mark ups if anything?
- What's the current wait time for folks who recently placed an order for their MY19s?

Thanks again. This forum has been invaluable.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
V6, go drive one. They are not in any way gutless.
Seat color is strictly a personal taste item. There really isn't a "best".
Park assist, I never used it on any car with it. After a few drives I usually know where the four corners are.
Fridge? I think you mean cooler. The center arm rest is not a refrigerator. I keeps thing cool that are already cool. LR branded refrigerators are actually made by Engel. They are after market and easily take up half the space in the cargo area.
Massage seats, some people love them, many people can't get comfortable in them due the different seat frame and lack of support due to the massage bits.
Wade sensing is not available in the NAS market.
The warranty package is the same for all LR products. Currently it is 4 year, 50K miles. Anything after that, even if LR branded, is a third party warranty.
Discounts on new models is a rarity unless you are a returning customer. Not sure what you mean by mark ups. If you market "adjustments" that some dealers charge for new model year, go to a different dealer.
Wait time all depends on a dealers allotment, orders all ready placed, and stock orders available.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
actually, my18/19 have the proper refrigerator option, along with a cooler option, as well as the standard cubby. I use the refrigerator, and it's good, but next time I'll just go for the more storage space.
also, from my19 wade sensing is available in the US. not sure what our friends in Europe think about this feature.

and finally, please specify location in the profile. pricing questions can best be answered by members from the same state/region.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot RRToadHall for your super helpful response. Great to know about warranty and also your note on market adjustments. I'll keep looking until I find a dealer that doesn't charge up. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much totya for sharing your experience with refrigerator. I've updated my location (Seattle, WA) - thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A quick update here: I was able to test drive and sharing my updates for reference:
- Sticking with V6 - it was fun to drive. I'm sure V8 is better but I had no complaints with V6.
- Not going for Byron Blue. It looked a bit dull for my preference. We liked Carpathian Grey and Rossello Red, going with Rossello Red.
- Going with Almond / Espresso - light color seats gave a more spacious feel to an already huge car.
- Not going for massage seats.
- Not going with refrigerator.
- Not going with wade sensor.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A quick update here: I was able to test drive and sharing my updates for reference:
- Sticking with V6 - it was fun to drive. I'm sure V8 is better but I had no complaints with V6.
- Not going for Byron Blue. It looked a bit dull for my preference. We liked Carpathian Grey and Rossello Red, going with Rossello Red.
- Going with Almond / Espresso - light color seats gave a more spacious feel to an already huge car.
- Not going for massage seats.
- Not going with refrigerator.
- Not going with wade sensor.

Hope this helps someone.
good one. here are some examples of the parking feature w/ my former 2018......
IMG_1679.JPG Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 1.47.27 PM.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
469 Posts
Park assist is nice especially in NYC for parallel parking..not just going in but when some idiot has boxed you in soooo tight....If you tow at all the tow assist is also a nice feature....You drove the V6..did you try the TD6? ...it has a tad of Turbo lag from a start but has sooo much torque and find it very quite and very fast with amazing fuel economy...I always had V8 rovers but this TD6 is nice...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot @LR1 for sharing pictures. Looks like Land Rover needs to up their game when it comes to technology! I can understand first & third pic (looks like car aligned to the wrong line) but the second one (though technically within lines) is hilarious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much @ASGIBM for sharing your feedback on park feature. I've heard mixed opinions and given it's bundled with Driver Assist package - I might end up taking it.

Also, thanks for your call out on towing package - I've selected that too.

Regarding TD6 - I didn't get a chance to test drive it yet. I'll check it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
69 Posts
I have the Byron Blue. I went with the Navy/Navy/Ivory color scheme. I think it looks great! I've included a pic.
I have the Diesel 6 and haven't driven this version with anything else but definitely go drive.
I like the park assist but I can also parallel park well so I don't use it that often.
This is my first Land Rover where I didn't get the refrigerator/cooler box. My last 9 I've never used it once.
Massage seats: See above. Never used them before so decided not to get them.
As far as warranty goes. If you keep vehicles past the 4/50,000 I probably would but I've never had a car that long.
There should be no markups.
I ordered my '19 on 5/18/18 and it was delivered to the port 8/11/18.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts