RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

I am getting real close (tomorrow) on signing on a deal and value any feedback here on how good or bad you think I struck here:

2010 RRS HSE
Santorini Black
Lux Package
HD Radio
Satellite Radio
Straight Grained Walnut Trim

MSRP on this is $65045 and I was able to deal down (with a lot of pushing) to $60k. They said they would throw in oil changes for 4 years (not sure whether that is an extra or not).

Thoughts please ?

Thanks

WC

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's less than I paid! :)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wander how did you tenderized the salesman or the sale manager to give you that price. It's less than 1K over invoice. I thought that I got a good deal on a RRS SC - MSRP with option $80,345 and I was able to close the deal at $76,345. http://www.truecar.com/Land_Rover/Range_Rover_Sport/2010/best-price-report-1E920F51.html?colorInfo=Nara Bronze Metallic,Almond,ImageUnavailable-SUV.png&optionInfo=6352654,6352648,6352642,6432885,6032241,6352631,6352645,6352633,6352646,6432894,6432893&incentiveIds=0&trimId=315062&modelId=19334&zipcode=22101

All power to you :clap: if you got that deal.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
[youtube:12rpw2ud]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYhoVL-Syo&feature=related[/youtube:12rpw2ud]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked her up tonight, had to deceive the wife all day so I could truly make it a surprise and now I have handed the keys.................ok just one (got to have a little fun myself).

Yes the deal I got was an incredible one but one I am very glad to have struck. I even managed to have the dealer throw in (today) the programming of the DRL's which they charge $67 for shop time.

If anyone is in CO and is looking, let me know and I would be happy to share the details, the people and the path to a new RRS. This thing sure is nice, now all I have to do is get it ready for the wife (Bluetooth etc).

Thanks all for your feedback. am sure I will be on the board asking questions and hopefully in time being able to give back as well

WC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luckily no, there was one flaw and that was a small (no longer than half inch) hairline scratch on the rear bumper. The nice thing is this is not through the paint so a fine sand and buff will take it out. The dealer (great guy) was really distraught they had not caught it so they will fix that in a week. I noticed another upgrade that I was not aware of, they put 20" wheels on as well. Did not show in the deal so guess that was a plus.

I do have one question for all of you (may even post a separate thread) is with regards to rear audio controls. When and when should they not be present in the vehicle. Are these part of a pack (rear entertainment) or a standard. I noticed the tester I drove first (before I test drove mine) had them in and I think that had rear entertainment pack yet mine is missing them. I am somewhat at a loss because the manual doesn't state these are an 'option' and therefore would make me believe a standard however when I looked at other RRS's on the lot in HSE without rear entertainment they did not have them either. I know you can't seem to elect these as build criteria so any comments here would be appreciated. Its no big deal as I have a shop near me that can get the RR headrest DVD players fully installed for a lot cheaper than LR :) so will probably go that way to keep the passengers happy :)

Thanks again all and as I said anyone in CO looking for a deal would be happy to share my process and the people involved. Love to see people get good deals............pass it on

WC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts