1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st pic. is the parts car radiator ...
2nd pic. is the parts car thermostat

Oh and the water pump is shot as well the fan moves up and down at least 1/2 an inch

This is the motor I want to put in my car I drove this car and it was not over heating but now I do have concerns any feedback would be much appreciated

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Which is cheaper?
All the oil you currently use, or some coolant? :lol:
I'm here for ye brother!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh with friends like you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Yank the bitch out and swap them. Not like you dont have a whole fleet of cars to use is it? I know, you will have to degrade yourself by driving the Jag huh? :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
He is putting that 4.0 into his rig, then rebuilding his 4.6 Dennis.
Same as me with the spare 4.6 I have on the engine stand mate........when I find the bloody time anyways....

Martin

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
He is putting that 4.0 into his rig, then rebuilding his 4.6 Dennis.
Same as me with the spare 4.6 I have on the engine stand mate........when I find the bloody time anyways....

Martin

And I've tried to convince him (previously) to rebuild that 4.0 on his time, then pull his 4.6, yank the crank/rods/pistons and put them in the fresh block, assemble and go. It'll minimize down-time and eliminate duplicate work (pulling the engine twice) and doubts about the engine...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I got a spare 4.6 to rebuild, then I will swap them out and sell the original motor.
He knows that his block has never overheated, thus the logic behind rebuilding it :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts