RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed all my brakes for EBC, front discs, rear discs, front pads red or green, rear pads green.
Dealer did this and one month later rear left caliper becomes loose, brakes loose, hell over getting them to recognize any of their **** stuff.
So i have to buy a new rear driver caliper, assembly, brake line, disc holder, etc etc. I put in a new set of green pads for precaution.
Less than 2k later, brake light comes on, "CHECK PADS" I go around and at the last place.... rear driver pads are worn!!!!! left rear passengers are almost new. Front ones are almost new.
What happened here? This is extremely crazy.
WHATDO YOU THINK HAPPENED?
I ordered a new pair of rear pads, but since its a holiday down here, until next week they will arrive.
Brakes have never been the same since my RR caliper fell off.
Dont know what to do guys, please any ideas?
Thanks
JJB

·
Registered
21 Posts
sounds liek the caliper was sticking... not sure what they did wrong...

or maybe your parking brake?

i am installing EBC brakes this weekend, but they should be a plug and play from what i see.

·
Registered
115 Posts
May be a bleed or compensator problem. If very small amount of air left in other lines, the replaced caliper may be dong all of the light braking. However, with this kind of wear you would expect the truck to pull left under light braking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the dealer and changed all of the pads plus I did a full system flush just in case.

chem: what pads are you installing? green 6000, green7000 or yellows?

Let me know.
Thanks
JJB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts