RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 L322 Vogue (TD6) has a factory installed fuel burning heater, and it is not working properly.

In either direct mode or time preset mode, only cold air blows out of the vents. I'm not sure how the webasto is supposed to sound, but it sounds like it is churning happily. After 3-5 minutes, the "heater" shuts off prematurely and the red fan comes swithches off. A few seconds later, I can hear the Webasto start churning more heavily and then lots of white smoke comes out from underneath the car.

I've also had this smoke symptom occur after driving the car and then parking and turning off the ignition.

I've tried pulling the fuse for 10-15 minutes.

I don't have a remtote for the heater.

I recently bought the car, and never got this Webasto working so not sure what to expect in terms of smoke, failures, etc. I've googled quite a bit. It seems as though these symptoms are common, but I'm yet to see anyone explain how they ended up fixing it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed a local Webasto dealer.They replied that most likely it was the burning chamber that was beokwn. To fix, the Webasto would have to be taken out of the car, picked apart, have the chamber replaced. They said the job would take 2-3 hours and set me back about 1.100,- to 1.200,- USD (Norway is an expensive place).

Does this sound plaucible or should I ask for a second opinion?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts