RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Guys,

So 2 days ago, this warming light came on. Took it in to the local dealer to find out what's going on. They said the dash cam I had installed caused this issue since its power source was connected to the airbag computer. So it probably cause interference which caused the error and damage. They disconnected the dash cam power supply but the warning light didn't go off, so they need to replace them.

IMG_20180117_0822049.jpg

My car is still under warranty but they said since this was caused by outsider factor, they won't honor the warranty. They said the 2 parts that needs to be replaced are LR037934 @ NT 69,298 (about US $2,343) and LR067254 @ NT 21,240 (about US $718. He said the airbags aren't damaged, just the computer/sensor. I'm not sure if they're just saying this to avoid the warranty or if the 2 parts indeed need to be replaced.
In Taiwan, Land Rover & Jaguar is thru a local agent not direct.

I have not decided to proceed yet as I thought it was a bit expensive. Appreciate some feedbacks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,707 Posts
Did they not clear the fault codes before jumping to replacing parts? Basic troubleshooting is to clear the codes and see what comes back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated: Finally had time to go to shop to have my dash cam re-wired to the suggested power source (e-cig lighter). The faulty airbag warning light is now OFF. Great! The local dealer is really trying to make money off of me!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
To add to the knowledge database, I had the same issue come up where this light came on and was consistent. Of interest, every time I had a passenger in the front seat, the light would go away during the drive and for the next few trips would also stay away, but it would always come back in a day or two.

I had to wait about a month for an appointment but just got my vehicle back after two days, here's what the dealer found:

Fault code B0028-13 "Right side air bag deployment circuit"
Resistance was found to be too high on the passenger side seat air bag circuit. There was a poor connection at the seat air bag, so they disconnected the air bag, cleaned the connection, and plugged it back in. The resistance is within spec.

So far so good.

Of note I also have a dash cam hard wired into the rear view mirror console but the dealer did not comment on mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Will get the connection cleaned to see if it solves the issues as mine still comes back on from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts