RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in a previous post by another member that was experiencing problems with their power windows not working due to water ingress.

I have a 2008 RRS, I got caught with the sunroof open in a bad rain storm - there were puddles on the seats and the floor carpet was soaked, and the cup holder was open to allow water into the consul.

MY immediate problem after the rain storm was the electric park brake reported a fault and wouldn't work. After I used heaters and fans to dry the vehicle out for a week the park brake returned to operation.

Shortly after that a transmission fault appeared and the shift position indicator light on the consul remains illuminated in the drive position 24/7 regardless of gear position or car on /off.
The sport shifter no longer works to shift between gears
The power windows acted up briefly for a time where I could only have full open or full closed and no partial positions, the full functionality has since returned.
I am also noticing that the climate control system seams to be malfunctioning. The symptoms are that in automatic the fan goes to full speed.
After reading various forum posts I believe I need to examine the wiring harness that runs along the passenger door well.

I removed the necessary trim pieces to expose the harness along the passenger door, there was some dirt and signs that there may have been moisture however it is very dry at the moment.
I didn't want to start pulling apart the wiring harness until I can determine which wires to focus my attention on.
I was wondering how I can get the wiring diagrams for all of the wiring that runs through that location so I can determine what wires to focus on or alternatively which systems are involved when I find connections that are corroded.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Bill

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
80 Posts
I had the same issue- except the sunroof drains were draining into the cabin... I found a few wires on the passenger side below the sill that were either green with corrosion or completely disintegrated- the PO must have just lived with the leak lol. Pull apart any connections down there and re-connect/solder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts