RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if the Faultmate MSV-2 system with the appropriate license/software can reset the adaptive values of a crankshaft position sensor, and restore ecm defaults for a 99' P38 that has lost battery power to the ecm, and has several faulty sensors, (Crank sensor, Knock sensor) with no fault codes being saved due to the battery loss to the ecm. My friend and current license holder, owner of The Gas Menagerie, in Troy NY, has your BBS system with a Rovacom Lite, and if it is able to repair my Range Rover and help me get it started, I may purchase one of of your new MSV-2 systems for my shop. Can you please have someone from sales send me information on your systems capabilities compared with the original Testbook/T4 system from Land Rover.
I specialize in the P38 model only right now, so I am interested in your kit that includes the Nano server module and the software licensing package. I have also heard that some customers have had negative experiences with real time customer service access and technical support regarding connectivity issues and problems with equipment. Please comment on your customer service and support policy including realtime access.
Thank you,

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Yes the MSV2 can reset adaptive values. The RovaCom lite should be able to as well depending on which ECM license he has.

I would like to clear up one very important thing in your post. You have used "your" several times in your posting in reference to the BBS systems. RRnet is in no way affiliated with BBS. RRnet does not endorse or recommend BBS products in anyway shape or form. RRnet does not in any way provide customer support or endorsed technical information on BBS products. BBS simply has ad space on this site. For the latest information on BBS products, support policies and real time access please contact BBS directly.

If you would like personal experience from RRnet members simply read through the postings here. There is both positive and negative feedback available here in this forum.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
wanjman said:
I would like to know if the Faultmate MSV-2 system with the appropriate license/software can reset the adaptive values of a crankshaft position sensor, and restore ecm defaults for a 99' P38 that has lost battery power to the ecm, and has several faulty sensors, (Crank sensor, Knock sensor) with no fault codes being saved due to the battery loss to the ecm. My friend and current license holder, owner of The Gas Menagerie, in Troy NY, has your BBS system with a Rovacom Lite, and if it is able to repair my Range Rover and help me get it started, I may purchase one of of your new MSV-2 systems for my shop. Can you please have someone from sales send me information on your systems capabilities compared with the original Testbook/T4 system from Land Rover.
I specialize in the P38 model only right now, so I am interested in your kit that includes the Nano server module and the software licensing package. I have also heard that some customers have had negative experiences with real time customer service access and technical support regarding connectivity issues and problems with equipment. Please comment on your customer service and support policy including realtime access.
Thank you,
:lol:

This was posted a week ago and there has been so sign of a sales pitch from Colin.... :shhh:

·
Registered
922 Posts
by wanjman » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Thank you,

I'm sure the MSV-2 has an inbuilt crank sensor....I think you may have discovered it. Some people do Knock the product but their sensors are often out of range anyway... so it's No Fault of the MSV2. I don't believe it comes with a battery charger, there's a bit of resistance to that, some even find it re-volting... but the idea has potential .... the 'negative'; experience probably comes from connecting it up the wrong way. If you connect it the right way you get a polarity shift and you get a positive experience...and you don't even have to incur a backcharge! how good is that.
I hope this solves your problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts