Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope all is well with you all and your rigs. Quick question,I got fault code p1508.. something about idle.. what part etc do I buy etc to fix this? Any help be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Joshua

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please. ... it says idle control system open circuit. Just need to know what to do/replace.

·
Banned
449 Posts
Re: I've searched found nothing any help be great

So just do a proper search: On 'Idle Control (Valve)' and/or 'IACV' maybe...
because your ECM thinks that (valve) is open circuit ?

Edit: I just googled 'Idle Control Valve' and 'IACV';
3.8M and 500K hits respectively..... and even just
'Idle Control System' gave 13.6M hits.... H T H !!

IACV via 'Search' gives 84 hits, including this one....
This big clue (red arrow) is from one of those, too:

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Wow, you waited a whoppin 2.5 hours to bump your own thread? I can totally understand frustrations but bumping and duplicate postings are not going to get you any further than giving folks a chance to read your thread and respond IF they are familiar with your issue. Naturally it would be helpful to know what lead up to this, what you have done so far and your engine info as far as mileage etc.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I searched p1508, idle control,etc. . didn't really see thread on what exactly to do, just trying to do what I can in my driveway,trying to save time and money. No disrespect to anyone on here. Any help be nice. I don't want to mess up anything.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After further review,the icv wasn't even plugged in!! I purchased my own code reader, and now I'm getting no codes. Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts