RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=3]That error code states to refer to test 24 of continuity test procedure. I have the workshop manual and rave and can never find information about which test needs to be done from when I get an error code from the on-board computer. In the past, I've been able to figure it you but this one has me stumped.[/h]How do you all get it done? Any advice on this one?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
39 Posts
Hi Paul,
the neutral switch is the same on the gearbox, as the reverse light switch.
Check the connector / wiring test procedure in the electrical trouble shooting manual for Your year (and maybe market - NAS).
Do You have any related observations like intermittent running, starting problems?
Other error codes on the obd display / diagnosis software?
In the first case this is a consequence error code for another fault, in the second the switch, wiring or connector can be faulty.

best regards
KCR

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have other problems of intermittent running/starting when at operating temperature. Those went away after I replaced the coolant temperature sending gauge.

This is the only error code I'm getting. I took the car for a test drive and had the computer hooked up. As I'm accelerating, there is a jerkiness when it shifts, some dash lights come on (seatbelt, out of fuel, and ???), and an audio chime. I cleared the code and drove a bit more and got the same error twice with the same symptoms.

I need to dig in the electrics and figure out what's wrong; hopefully it will be easy as this is not my area of skill. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
39 Posts
Hi Paul,

sorry, as I expected. Please check all electrics towards and around the Efi-Ecu first and then the ignition. Another good starting point is the amplifier module at the distributor, as You said Your probs are / were temperature related. Semiconductors can (mis)behave strange (sometimes).

The neutral gear error is a result of a very briefly stalling engine, which is "pull / push started" by the momentum of the driving vehicle. The dash lights flash / chime indicate the same IMHO.
The Efi-ECu can not detect ignition problems, as it is controlled by the Distributor and vacuum advance.

If You aren´t sure with electrics, I repeat to get the electrical trouble shooting manual for Your Year and market (guess You have a NAS RRC?).

At least the last two RRCs from friends hat ignition related probs, when they asked me for this kind of fault code. Interestingly both were 93 model Years, 25th anniversary faults? #scnr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts