RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just checking over our 2002 P38 4.6, for mot tomorrow and SRS light in on, mot failure now, i believe.

on using Nanocom it comes up with " code 007 Drivers airbag short circuit (permanent)".

is this linked to the "fuse 6 failed"? if not whats that about?

Is there a quick fix? or should i cancel mot?

It does clear with Nanocom, but comes straight back on. It has not moved for 6 months and was fault free when parked up in a dry area, failed fuse may have been on.

Bit stressed, so any advice welcome.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
43 Posts
I had the same issue on my 2001, 4.6. There is a single wire connected with a white connector under the front left hand seat. With the seat moved forward it can be viewed from the back. Check this connector, pull it apart, and spray with electrical contact cleaner. This corrected my issue for about a year. Others have reported this being a faulty SRS ECU, which is located under the back of the center console. Hopefully your lucky and it is the quick fix.

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
Bob is dead on. The side air bag connector gets kicked with people in the back seat, bumped if anything slides under seat and adjustments between drivers can cause that connector to come undone enough to cause a poor circuit. Clean it up and make sure it is firmly back together. Fortunately the SRS runs a self check at start up. So if this connector is the issue it will recognize the side bag and not trigger the light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts