RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 RRSC is missing some fasteners from the inner wheel well. I'm not sure if these are screws, or some type of trim fasteners that either push or turn. I have searched on this site, and internet trying to figure out what type of fastener I need to buy.

I'm also in search of fasteners for under engine splash guard. when I picked it up from recent service I noticed several holes that I remember having screws or trim fasteners, but shop insists they were missing when I brought it in for service.

Thanks,

LL 20181120_192342_zpszol0dhvz.jpg

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Our 04 has a combo of 8mm hex head self tap type screws, one 10mm (I think) plastic nut with integral washer and some Phillip's screws for the mud flap. I think there is also a push pin somewhere. Grt thd dealer to pull up the wheel well and it should show the fasteners. I tried for a few 08 nuts for the engine cover which are already obsolete and there for not available so fingers be surprised. I doubt our 08 is much different and good luck and let is know what the dealer said.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
Re: Fasteners front inner wheel well & Engine Splash guard

go to the other side fender well and remove the bolt in question while your parked infront of your Ace hardware store,
they should be able to match what you remove

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The fasteners are missing from both inner fenders. I think the alternator failed last night. It started howling/whining the fan sounded like a jet engine, red battery indicator light came on, and a smell of burnt plastic was emanating from engine compartment. I made it to my driveway parked and went back out a few minutes later and battery was completely drained. The drivers side low beam come on... I thought this was extremely strange.

I'm getting ready to attempt the repair in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
She just does not like you asking questions about her. I was looking about alt. Change on our 08 and seems like lower cover and rad reservoir should come out and then 3 bolts one upper (on install tighten it first) and 2 lower bolts. Crank tensioner to the left ccw to release belt tension. Actually procedure seems straight forward but have yet to try it.?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I managed to remove alternator. It was a lot harder than expected. My tensioner moved Clockwise. I needed to remove air filter box to have enough room. The most difficult part was getting the alternator out. I ended up pulling it out from the bottom. Hopefully install will be easier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I made a typo.. I intended to say that my tensioner moves counter-clockwise, but I needed to move air filter box to have enough room to move. I'm not sure why, but I could find edit button after I posted. I didn't want to cause any confusion.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Good going. I may have messed up on the coolant reservoir vs the air box. Glad you got it out and for confirming that its z fun job. How is a new one pricing out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I had it tested at Autozone and it tested good. It doesn't feel rough to spin, but I was definitely hearing a whining sound. I will keep working on my diagnostics.

·
Registered
615 Posts

Good going. I may have messed up on the coolant reservoir vs the air box. Glad you got it out and for confirming that its z fun job. How is a new one pricing out.
diff alternator is completely rebuildable
I rebuild it without any issue.
None7 has pulley issue with alternator i think common issue in russia on cold weather conditions
but we removed alternator while we were doing head job.
I replaced all bearings on each pulley included supercharger unit. But for supercharger i have regrets with the green aftermarket muffler its very noisy
alternator is like a puzzle very reliable on this vehicle, for a while ago my friend bought a second hand from junk yard rebuild it and replaced with old one and after second rebuilding i sold the old one, good method

·
Registered
615 Posts

I had it tested at Autozone and it tested good. It doesn't feel rough to spin, but I was definitely hearing a whining sound. I will keep working on my diagnostics.
Time to replace bearings you are very handy
if you need morale support, we are hare

1 - 11 of 11 Posts