RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
When starting from cold my 4.6 1996 auto. gems engine is running between 1500-2000 rpm. Unless I put into drive then revs drop, but obviously a major jolt and not doing auto box a lot of good. However after driving for about 10 mins the revs go back to normal, and car is driving perfectly with no miss fire or hesitation. Plugs and leads replaced last year as was
breather hoses and stepper motor. As a temp fix I elongated the holes in the throttle sensor which brings revs down and still drives fine poss a little slow in acceleration, but then when hot the revs are back up, so opposite of before. Have ordered a new throttle sensor, not sure if will cure fault, have no access to computer. Also did notice the old throttle sensor has no oring, only a gasket, however I did remove stepper motor to check, and noticed the oring which it came with had gone big from some sort of contamination, so replaced with a new one, but the original stepper motor did not have an oring only a gasket. But with the oring fitted it does make the middle stick out a bit. Any suggestions most grateful.. Have eas questions but that's another story lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, maf sensor that's worth checking, still original one on car.. Diynorm,, DIY by trade!! Thanks for the quick response

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello anybody know the part number for the TPS or a cheap aftermarket one ??
The one i received today was for the bosch engine not gems

Plugged my cheap code reader in, which i did not realise showed tps as 10% when at idle, with sensor in correct postion, if i unplug maf sensor, engine dies...
seems strange no second hand tps are on ebay either is there an alternative make any one has found that fits ?

·
Super Moderator
2,084 Posts
Part number is ERR4278 but they are not cheap. 10% at idle isn't important but you need the ability to reset the adaptive values so it stores 10% as closed throttle. You need to find someone with a Nanocom or similar dedicated diagnostics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts